Top 100+ Meaningful Sister Quotes You Should To Share With Your Sis Every Day
|Top 100+Meaningful Sister Quotes You Should To Share With Your Sis EveryDay|
A best friend is a gift in life, but sisters share an unmatched bond. Even when the world seems like it’s working against you, your sister is always there for you to fall back on. She’s watched you grow up, been the primary witness to your awkward stage, and been there for all your triumphs.
She can be a little annoying sometimes (sorry, sis!) for teasing you or letting out secrets of your escapades to your parents, but you love her to bits.
One of the most important things you can have in life is having a loyal, loving, honest, compassionate and trustworthy sister who listens well.
You probably tell her that you love her, and that’s great! But sometimes actions really do speak louder than words. Finding ways to show her your love goes a long way in cementing the message.
This is why we want to share these 100 ways that you can also show your sister how much you love her!
Best Meaningful Quotes For Your Big and Little Sis
1. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” —Amy Li
2. “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” —Little Women film adaptation (1994)
3. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.” —Toni Morrison
4. “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.” —Lauren Weisberger
5. “As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does.” —Ally Condie
6. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” —Pam Brown
7. “We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” —Lisa See
8. “I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” —Venus Williams
9. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” —Barbara Alpert
10. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” —Marilyn Monroe
11. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” —George R.R. Martin
12. “When my sister, Joan, arrived I asked if I could swap her for a rabbit. When I think what a marvelous friend she’s been, I’m so glad my parents didn’t take me at my word.” —Maeve Binchy
13. “I grew up believing my sister was from the planet Neptune and had been sent down to Earth to kill me. I believed this because my sister Emily convinced me of it when I was a toddler…There’s a part of me that still believes it. I have moments when I think, ‘Hmm, could that be true?’ Occasionally I ask my sister about it and she responds by pulling an alien face, which only confuses matters.” —Zooey Deschanel
14. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” —Louise Glück
15. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” —Alice Walker
16. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” —Deborah Tannen
17. “Never let an angry sister brush your hair.” —Anonymous
18. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” —Anonymous
19. “I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister.” —Erin Morgenstern
20. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” —Jojo Moyes
21. “There were once two sisters who were not afraid of the dark because the dark was full of the other’s voice across the room because even when the night was thick and starless they walked home together from the river seeing who could last the longest without turning on her flashlight, not afraid.” —Jandy Nelson
22. “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.” —Beyoncé
23. “If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?” —Jodi Picoult
24. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” —Gemma Burgess
25. “My sister was the one person who told me not to change, that my skin was beautiful. She really helped me feel good about myself.” —Khoudia Diop
26. “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.” —Anonymous
27. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.” —Christina Rossetti
28. “If you don’t annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don’t love her anymore.” —Pearl Cleage
29. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” —Carol Saline
30. “We have our own, unspoken language—a look that makes one of us fall on the floor laughing or the slight inflection in our voice that conveys everything. It is the ability to prod laughter and love no matter how much your heart might hurt. Someone who sees you exactly as you are and thinks that is enough. Someone who will walk next to you always.” —Barbara Bush, on twin sister Jenna Bush Hager
31. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” —Linda Sunshine
32. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” —Benjamin Disraeli
33. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” ―Claire Cook
34. “Boys seemed incredibly tedious and dim compared to my sisters, who were always a rush of energy and excitement, buzzing over all the books, records, jokes, rumors and ideas we were discovering together.” —Rob Sheffield
35. “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.” —Anonymous
36. “You ever hear Dad introduce us to people? ‘This our daughter Dottie. And this is our other daughter, Dottie’s sister.’ They should’ve just had you and bought a dog.” —A League of Their Own
37. “Among the merits and the happiness of Elinor and Marianne let it not be ranked as the least considerable that though sisters, and living almost within sight of each other, they could live without disagreement between themselves.” —Jane Austen
38. “My sister…is the person who keeps me in line, whether I like it or not. I trust her and also have a good, healthy fear of her.” —Katy Perry
39. “I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.” —Emily Dickinson
40. “Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister who comes between me and my man.” —Irving Berlin
41. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” —Mary Worley Montagu
42. “There is no place for secrets in sisterhood.” —Erin Forbes
43. “I know my sister like I know my own mind/You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind…I love my sister more than anything in this life/I will choose her happiness over mine every time.” —Hamilton
44. “But the love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementos, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever-present as a pulse.” —Lisa Wingate
45. “Four sisters, parted for an hour/None lost, one only gone before/Made by love’s immortal power/Nearest and dearest evermore.” —Louisa May Alcott
46. “My first beauty moment was when I was probably four years old. My sister and I snuck into my mom’s room and got into her makeup. We put on blush and lipstick and eyeshadow. I will always remember that day.” —Stella Maxwell
47. “Your sister knows everything to say to piss you off. But sisters tend to be each other’s biggest champion and also their hardest critics.” —Erin Foster
48. “A sister is both your mirror—and your opposite.” —Elizabeth Fishel
49. “The only person I lie to is my little sister, when I steal her clothes.” —Kendall Jenner
50. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” —Anonymous
Sweet Sister Quotes to Brighten Your Day
51. “Happiness is being with my sister.” – Unknown
52. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” – Benjamin Disraeli
53. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” – Unknown
54. “Sisters are friends we have for a lifetime.” – Catherine Pulsifer
55. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” – James DeVries
56. “Sisters. Because we all need someone who will defend us behind our back and then call us on our shit to our face.” – Brooke Hampton
57. “She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person.” – Oprah Winfrey
58. “My sisters are my favorite people on earth.” – Ryan Phillippe
59. “You’re not my best friend. You’re my sister, and that’s more.” – Jenny Han
60. “Parents die, daughters grow up and marry out, but sisters are for life.” – Lisa Lee
61. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” – George R.R. Martin
62. “Only a sister, an alternative self, could inspire such a sordid mix of disgust and envy.” – Namwali Serpell
63. “Sisters are reliably good for two things: hating and loving.” – Jessica Knoll
64. “Sisters share a bond unlike any other – thornier, but also tender, full of possibility.” – Joy McCullough
65. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” – Jojo Moyes
66. “There is no better friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you.” – Anonymous
67. “The best gift by god after your parents in this world is your sister.” – Sacheenrjain
68. “A woman without her sister is like a bird without her wings.” – Moosa Rahat
69. “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M. Schulz
70. “Love, Mercy, and Grace, sisters all, attend your wounds of silence and hope.” – Aberjhani
71. “The only thing better than having you as my sister is my children having you as their aunt.” – Unknown
72. “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” – Amy, ‘Little Women’
73. “Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected their own secret language of smiles, sniffs, sighs, gasps, winks, and eye rolls.” – Unknown
74. “We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school.” – Charlotte Gray
75. “Sisters take care of each other, watch out for each other, comfort for each other and are there for each other through thick and thin.” – Unknown
76. “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M. Schulz
77. “Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.” – Unknown
78. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel
79. “Sisters are like angels. They sparkle twinkle and glow, they are the greatest gift our hearts will ever know.” – Unknown
80. “Also remember, sisters, make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too.” – Marilyn Monroe
81. “Sisters are the best kind of friends—there’s no friend like a sister.” — Unknown
82. “Words that describe you: my wise sister, my confidant, and my best friend.” — Catherine Pulsifer
83. “Sister we don’t know what the future holds but we always know we are there for each other.” — Catherine Pulsifer
84. “Sister. You are not only a strong woman, you are the strongest tie to the best years of my life.” — Melanie J. Pellowski
85. “It is to be treasured when sisters are close or best friends, and what a loss for both of them when they aren’t.” — Linda Hale Bucklin
86. “Your sister is a jewel, a priceless, one-of-a-kind gem who makes living precious for many people, including you.” — Dave Pipitone
87. “Sister you were the one I always told on, now you’re the friend I always lean on. I count my blessings everyday for you.” — Catherine Pulsifer
88. “Appreciation I send to you my sister, for always being there, for your support and encouragement. On you I can always count.” — Catherine Pulsifer
89. “Parents are just parents, brothers are just brothers, best friends are just best friends, even husbands are just husbands, but sisters—well, sisters are the ones to whom sisters always turn in times of joy or trouble, celebration or crisis.” — Lorraine Bodger
90. “Often, in old age, the sisters become each other’s chosen and most happy companions. In addition to their shared memories of childhood and their relationship to each other’s children, they . . . carry the echoes of their mother’s voice.” — Margaret Mead
91. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rossetti
92. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” – Margaret Mead
93. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” – Mary Wortley Montagu
94. “Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with -sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.” – Deborah Moggach
95. “If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: “Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma.” – Linda Sunshine
96. “One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself.” – Betsy Z. Cohen
97. “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” – Deborah Moggach
98. “Actually, Keke is my nickname. When I was little, my sister was about four years old, and she had an imaginary friend named Keke. And she wanted my name to be Keke.” – Keke Palmer
99. “My older sister encouraged me from early on and bought me one of the first guitars I had. She listened to all of the crappy songs that I wrote when I was 8 years old and encouraged me to keep doing it.” – Tracy Chapman
100. “When I was younger, my sister thought it was funny to pretend to punch me in the face because my mom was concerned about my teeth falling out. They were loose for a long time, and she knocked out my teeth.” – Amy Adams
Funny Quotes for Sisters
Does your sister share your sense of humor? If she loves funny poems and quotes, make her laugh with these sayings.
- I know what you did, and I will tell Mom!
- As far as sisters go, you're the best there is, but I'm still the favorite.
- If you think I'm high maintenance, you should see my sister.
- Little sisters - the only person in the world you can blame for the things you did and get away with it.
- You're my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets.
- If you trip and fall in life, I will be there to help you up - after I quit laughing.
- When you have a sister, you never truly forget the past. If you do, she'll be happy to remind you of all your stupidest mistakes.
- Our crazy family tree - we're just two nuts who survived it together. Love you, sis.
- No matter how hard you try, sisters are the friends you can never get rid of.
- Yeah, my sister scares me a little bit, but that's part of what I love about her.
Meaningful “I Love You Sister” Messages
1. Sister, you are my tribe. Having a sister like you gives me an inner peace that there is a “we” and not just a “me” in this world. We share memories. We share interests. We are there for each other. We protect each other. We are blood. I love the “we” you give me. Thank you, forever and ever, for a feeling of belonging and unity I could never get anywhere else. I love you so deeply, and so fully, from the bottom of my heart.
2. To my sister, thank you for being there whenever I needed a helping hand. Thank you for always being honest. Thank you for being you. I love you so much. If you ever need me, I’ll be there.
3. Thanks for being my best friend and someone I can share my secrets with. I love you, sis, and I’m so grateful that we’ve stayed so close over the years. It is such an extraordinary thing knowing there is someone else in the world who “gets” me and will always be there for me. Our relationship is priceless!
4. You’re the best sister a person could ask for. You’ve always been a shoulder to cry on in trying times, and someone I want by my side for every victory and milestone. I love you!
5. Years have passed, but you’re still the closest person I have, just like when we were little. Thanks for being a great sister and friend. You have shaped my view of the world and are a constant source of unconditional love in my life. Thank you, sister. I love you very much.
6. Sister, I hope you know that you can always rely on me. I will always be here for you, and I will always do whatever I can to help you. Yes, you are family, but even more than that, you make me feel like I am not alone in this world. You make me feel loved and give me the strength to reach for my goals. Thank you for the beauty you have brought into my life. I love you.
7. There’s no love quite as unique as the love between siblings. You know me better than anyone, and we’ve been through so much together. I appreciate you more than words could ever say.
8. No matter how frustrated I am, you find the words to make me feel better. You have an amazing way about you that comforts, nurtures, and eases. You make me feel loved and at peace. Thank you for that, sis. I don’t know what I would do without you.
9. Our parents gave me the biggest gift in the world when they gave me you. Actually, it’s scientifically proven that having a sister makes the other sibling healthier and happier! This is so true for me. You have also helped me become a better person. How truly lucky I am to have you! Thank you for being you. I love you so much!
10. It’s hard to express this much love, but at least let me say that I’ve truly been blessed to have a sister like you. You’re my ray of sunshine and my shining star. Thank you for filling my life with such abundant happiness. I love you so much!
11. The best thing about sisters? They’ll see you at your worst, and still love you all the same. Thank you for always being there! I love you.
12. Nobody knows how to make me laugh quite like you! Thank you for always having my back! No matter what happens, I know I can always count on my sister.
13. I’d always wanted a little sister, so I was incredibly happy when you came into my life. Now that you’re all grown up, I love you even more! The bond between us is like no other and I cherish all of our memories together. Thank you for being the best little sister anyone could ever imagine.
14. Sweet sister, thank you for always caring for me like a second mother. I’m blessed to have had your watchful eyes on me, protecting me and loving me. I thank you for your selflessness, and your nurturing compassion. I truly love and thank you so much!
15. My sweet sister, now that I’m older I realize I was a bit difficult when we were kids. I wish I could go back in time and change things, but I sincerely thank you for your patience with me. You’ve become the closest person to me, and our relationship is priceless. I love you to the moon and back, dearest sister. Thank you for being you!
16. You have a special spot in my heart, little sister. Maybe we didn’t get along very well as kids, but now that I’m older I can honestly say that I appreciate you enormously. I want to become closer and better friends with you and create some unforgettable memories. I love you very much.
17. Sister, our family tree is rooted in love and supporting each other throughout the years. May we continue to grow and flourish together wherever we are planted. I love you from the bottom of my heart.
18. When I think of you, dear sister, I love that you’re also my very best friend. Every day, our relationship is a gift I cherish deeply.
19. Throughout the years, tears and smiles and been a part of our journey. Thank you for the way you have encouraged and inspired me along the way. Love you sister!
20. I love you for all the beauty you bring to this world. Your kindness touches my life in so many ways and I’m so glad I can call you my sister.
21. Sister, I’m so proud of you and all that you have achieved. I love you and want you to know that you can count on me to always be your biggest fan!
22. Looking back, I see how much you did for me, sis. You were the eldest one, but you never objected to playing with me, entertaining me or looking after me. Thanks for being so selfless. I am forever grateful.
23. You’ve been by my side during the hardest periods of my life, and I can never thank you enough for your genuine support and care. I’m forever in your debt, sis.
24. We may not speak very often now that we’ve grown up, but you’re always in my heart. I love you deeply and forever, my dearest sister. Please know that I think about you often.
25. My kids are going to hear stories about their coolest aunt, that much I can promise. Thank you for being an amazing human being. I love you tons, sister.
26. Thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin. You’re my sister and my best friend, and I love you more than you will ever know!
27. I wish all sisters could be like you so that people could understand how great siblings can actually be! But I want to keep you all to myself, sis. I love you too much to share you!
28. You make the world a brighter place, sis. You can make anything better with a good-hearted joke, or a soft, loving word. I love you for that. Your support is everything to me.
29. Our parents never had to worry because we always had each other. We played together, we fought, we made up, and we made the happiest memories. I love you, sister. I always have and I always will.
30. I cherish the little secrets and jokes we still have that nobody else understands, and I still feel like you’re my best partner in crime. It gives me endless joy to shares these things with you. I will love you forever, sis.
31. I always thought siblings had the kind of relationship that’s hard to explain to others. We may fight, but we viciously protect and love each other. That’s exactly how we are, sis. Thank you for always being there for me and for making me feel like there is someone there to catch me if I fall. That feeling is priceless.
32. Having a sister like you makes me feel incredibly lucky. I feel closer to you than anyone else on this planet, and I feel like I can share absolutely anything and everything with you. Thanks for being my sunshine and confidant.
33. No matter how far apart life has taken us, we’ve never stopped being family. This feeling gives me all the support I need. Thank you, sister, and I love you.
34. What an outstanding woman you grew up to be! I’m very proud of you, dear sister, and I can’t sing your praises enough. You’re amazing!
35. You’re my role model and I can only hope to follow in your steps. Thanks for setting a great example for me, sis. I love you so very much.
36. Hey sis, I never told you how much you mean to me and I think it’s time to make up for that. I love you more than words can say. I can’t imagine my life without you. I am so blessed to have a sister like you. Thanks for being amazing.
37. You’re my personal superhero. I was blessed with a big sister like you and I can never thank you enough for what you’ve done for me. I love you deeply, fiercely, and forever.
38. You were my first real role model when I was a kid, and to this day, I’ve never regretted following your example. Thanks for being the most amazing sister ever.
39. You taught me everything I know about life, and you’ve always been my biggest champion. You’re the greatest sister I could have ever wished for. I love you very much.
40. My childhood memories are as happy as they could ever be because you’re a part of every one of them. I love you to the moon and back, sis!
Simple Ways to Show Your Sister How Much You Love Her
Be there for her
Life is full of ups and downs. It is in our low moments that we need someone to give us social support. If your sister is going through a setback in life, be there to lend a shoulder to cry on. If she needs some guidance or advice, share your wisdom with her.
Support her dreams
We all have dreams and aspirations we want to achieve in life. All we sometimes need is a little push and support to get them in motion. Support your sister to reach her goals by cheering her on. If she needs to pay for a course and you’re able to give her a financial boost, offer it. If she can’t tell what she wants to pursue in life, help her figure it out.
Suprise her with a little gift
Find her a unique gift that will show your personal connection. Matching sister bracelets are always a good choice when it comes to this. Remember that you don’t need a special occasion to give her; every now and then is a good time to give your sister.
Love the people she loves
It is one thing to show love to your sister, and it is another to show her that you love the people that she loves. The latter makes a bigger statement of your love for her. Extend love to your nieces and nephews, her husband as well as her friends.
Spend quality time together.
Your bond is strengthened when you spend time together with your sister. Just sitting down listening to her endless stories or corny jokes goes to show her that you love her enough to take time off your busy schedule to be with her.
Keep her secrets
Everyone has a secret, and your sister has probably shared some of hers with you. Be a trusted sibling by keeping it a secret. Be sure to let her in on some of your own as well. Trust is huge in any relationship, including with siblings.
We all need the kind of friend that’s always on our side. Stick up for her. Make sure you let your sister know that you are there to support and defend her when she needs it. Give her the tough love when necessary, but make her feel cared for regardless of circumstance. Don’t just defend her, help her learn to stand up for herself, and grow together.
Listen to her feedback and advice
Especially if your sister is younger than you, it is natural to want your opinions and ideas to dominate. But it doesn’t hurt to let her ideas take the lead. Besides showing her that you trust her wisdom, you could be surprised that her ideas turn out to be better than yours.
No relationship is perfect, including the one you have with your sister. There will be obstacles. You will make mistakes and so will she. It is the ability to forgive her that will show her just how much your relationship matters to you. It’s how you grow together.
Share in her interests
You may have different interests from your sister, but when you make an effort to do something that she enjoys, she sees your love and support. It could be painting, cooking, dancing, or playing video games with your sister. Anything she likes, give her the chance to share it with you!
Do projects together
A project done with both your ideas is bound to be more successful than when you would do it alone. Work together on a fun new project. It could be as big as renovating your parents’ house or as small as solving a puzzle. Whatever you want to do, do it together.
| Top 200+ Best Teacher Appreciation Messages And Quotes To Show Your Sincere Gratitude |
The importance of teachers in society can’t be underestimated. These teacher appreciation quotes will help you express your little love and respect for your teachers.
| Top 100+ Sunday Inspiring Quotes to Celebrate the Upcoming Week |
Sunday is considered a day of rest. A time to reflect upon the week past and the upcoming week. Let these Sunday quotes start your ...
| Top 100+ Saturday Inspiring Quotes That Will Boost Up Your Day |
Check out top 100 inspirational Saturday quotes and good Saturday morning quotes right now!