Ukraine or Austria: Who will join Netherlands in the Last 16?
|Who will join Netherlands in the Last 16 - Ukraine or Austria?|
Two wins for the Dutch mean they are through to the Euro 2020 last-16, while North Macedonia are already out.
That leaves Ukraine and Austria battling it out for second place and a guaranteed spot in the next round, but there could still be plenty of twists and turns in store.
Ukraine vs Austria will be played at 5pm BST on Monday, June 21. The match will take place at the National Arena in Bucharest, Romania.
The game is available to watch in the UK on ITV 4 or via the ITV Hub.
ABC and ESPN are sharing broadcast rights for the tournament in the United States, with ESPN showing this game. Kick-off is at 9am PT/12pm ET.
Here is how things stand in the group C in Euro 2020, and the permutations for all four teams to qualify for the knockouts...
Euro 2020 Group C table
Remaining fixtures (Monday, June 21)
5pm: North Macedonia vs Netherlands, Amsterdam
5pm: Ukraine vs Austria, Bucharest
| Ukraine Euro 2020: Schedule Fixtures, Squad, Best players, Coach, Tactics, Prediction for Chance of Winning |
Ukraine Euro 2020: Schedule Fixtures, Full Squad List, Best players, Coach, Tactics and Prediction for Chance of Winning.
Group C permutations
The Dutch are through as group winners whatever happens against North Macedonia.
Ukraine and Austria
Second is a straight shootout between Ukraine and Austria.
Ukraine will go through second with a win or draw, while Austria must win to leapfrog their group rivals.
Having lost their opening two games, North Macedonia cannot finish third so their tournament is over after their last group game.
- Ukraine were able to get off the mark at EURO 2020 thanks to a narrow success over North Macedonia last time out and that victory means that their fate in Group C is in their own hands.
- The 2-1 win over North Macedonia ensured that the Ukrainians will advance to the knockout stages by avoiding defeat in this final game with Austria but they know they have work to do to secure the result they need.
- Ukraine failed to put North Macedonia to the sword despite dominating for large spells but Andriy Shevchenko is unlikely to want to make too many changes to his side and he could even stick with the same starting XI.
- Austria were outplayed by Netherlands in their latest contest and they must now win this final game of the group to book their spot in the next round, although they will hope that even if they can only come away with a point it will be enough to advance.
- They would need other results to go their way with a draw only enough to secure third spot in Group C but they may feel that would be enough which could see a largely defensive performance, although they will still be looking to snatch the win.
- The Austrians looked blunt in attack against the Netherlands on the back of performing so well against North Macedonia so it is likely that Marko Arnautović will come into the side after serving his one-game ban.
Ukraine: Bushchan; Karavaev, Zabarnyi, Matviyenko, Mykolenko; Malinovskyi, Stepanenko, Zinchenko; Yarmolenko, Yaremchuk, Tsygankov
Misses next match if booked: Shaparenko, Sydorchuk
Austria: Bachmann; Dragović, Alaba, Hinteregger; Lainer, Sabitzer, X Schlager, Grillitsch, Ulmer; Baumgartner, Arnautović
Misses next match if booked: Alaba, Bachmann, Lainer
Ukraine vs Austria betting odds
This article covers Ukraine vs Austria betting tips and Euro 2020 predictions, and these are the betting odds.
o – Ukraine win 5/2
o – Draw evens
o – Austria win 11/4
Prediction: Ukraine 2 – 2 Austria
Ukraine and Austria meet in the National Arena Bucharest in Hungary on Monday for the final round of matches in Group C of Euro 2020.
This is only the third time these nations have met in international men’s football and the first in competitive action. The previous two matches were both friendlies with the nations trading home wins by a 1-goal margin in each instance.
With a point likely being enough to ensure both nations proceed to the knockout rounds, 101 Great Goals’ prediction is Ukraine 2 – 2 Austria available at odds of 20/1.
Or you can back any draw at odds of evens if you see Ukraine and Austria cancelling each other out on Monday with any scoreline.
Ukraine won the first-ever match between these nations back in 2011. Odds of 5/2 are available for any Ukraine win.
Austria won the last match in this head-to-head back in 2012. Odds of 11/4 are available for any Austria win.
This is a winner-takes-all clash between Ukraine and Austria with the victor securing second spot in Group C and with it, a place in the knockout stages of EURO 2020. A draw would even be enough for the Ukrainians and that may actually turn out to be enough for both teams to advance by virtue of securing one of the best third-place spots. That could play on the minds of both teams here with a loss either way being devastating and that is likely to set the tone for the contest with a stalemate on the cards.
Ukraine vs Austria betting tips
2-1 Ukraine win. The first-ever match between these nations finished in a 2-1 Ukraine victory. They also beat North Macedonia by this scoreline in their last match. Another 2-1 Ukraine win on Monday is available at odds of 16/1.
0-0 draw. With a point being enough for both teams, will either commit serious numbers to their attacks in fear of conceding at the other end? A bore draw is the most popular choice among betters going into this match for good reason at odds of 11/4.
3-2 Austria win. Austria won the last match between these nations by a 3-2 scoreline. They also put 3 past North Macedonia in their opening group match. You can back Austria at 66/1 for another 3-2 scoreline here on Monday.
Over 2.5 goals. The previous two Ukraine vs Austria matches both finished with over 2.5 goals scored; an average of 4 goals per game. You can back another high scoring game here on Monday with odds of 7/4 for over 2.5 goals.
Andriy Yarmolenko Goalscorer. Yarmolenko (above) scored Ukraine’s first goal of this Championships with a screamer against the Netherlands last Sunday. He then bagged the opening goal of the game in a 2-1 win against North Macedonia on Thursday. The 31-year-old West Ham United forward is 9/1 to score the game’s opener once again on Monday. Or 15/4 to bag a goal at any time during the game against Austria.
| EURO 2020 ROUND OF LAST 16: Teams Qualified for Knockout Stages, Group Scenarios |
At Euro 2020, the top two in each group will all progress. And four of the six third-place teams will also qualify from the group ...