Netflix May 2023: Full List, Best Movies & Shows Are Coming and Leaving
|Release Dates: Best New Movies 2023 by Marvel, DC, Netflix (Updated)|
|Have the Cheapest Netflix Plan in the US 2023|
|Netflix May 2023: Full List, Best Movies & Shows Are Coming & Leaving|
With the development of technology and the online movie market, Netflix has become one of the places worth looking forward to for movie enthusiasts.
And in May 2023, Netflix fans will have the opportunity to enjoy high-quality works from the industry's leading directors, actors, and producers. Let's find out about the most anticipated movies that will land on Netflix this May!
Best English Language Netflix Originals Coming in May 2023
The Tailor (May 2nd)
The Tailor, also known as Terzi in Turkish, is a Turkish origin drama series that will premiere on Netflix on May 2, 2023. The story follows Peyami, a talented young tailor who inherits his grandfather's successful business.
In this Cem Karc-directed series, Peyami (aatay Ulusoy) must deal with a heavy secret after his grandfather's death. This shattering secret becomes the focal point of his life in Istanbul, and he must guard it against discovery. Simultaneously, Esvet (played by Ifanur Gül), who is fleeing an abusive relationship with Dimitri (played by Salih Bademci), appears mysteriously in the lives of Peyami and Mustafa (played by Olgun imşek), with her own secrets to hide.
Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story (May 4th)
Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story is the brand-new prequel series to Bridgerton, Shondaland's big period drama series on Netflix.
The show rewinds the clock on Queen Charlotte's life, documenting her childhood and ascension to the throne. India Amarteifio, Arsema Thomas, Connie Jenkins-Greig, and Sam Clemmett join the cast, while Golda Rosheuvel, Adjoa Andoh, Ruth Gemmell, and Hugh Sachs return.
As previously announced, Tom Verica will direct all six episodes of the spin-off show. Verica is no stranger to the Bridgerton universe, having directed four episodes of the flagship series (S102, S103, S205, and S206).
The Mother (2023) (May 12th)
This is one of several projects in which Jennifer Lopez will appear over the next few years. It was originally scheduled to be released in 2022. This action thriller, which has been confirmed as a Netflix Original film for 2023, will star Lopez alongside Joseph Fiennes, Omari Hardwick, and Paul Raci.
The film, directed by Niki Caro, is about a female assassin who has been in hiding for many years but must come out to protect her daughter, whom she abandoned many years ago.
XO, Kitty (May 18th)
The upcoming rom-com series XO, Kitty is a spinoff of the hit Netflix film franchise To All The Boys. The show will shed more light on the youngest Covey sister as she discovers love, heartbreak, and herself as she moves to South Korea to reunite with her long-distance boyfriend.
For fans of the franchise, the show promises to be just as cute and heartwarming as the film adaptations.
FUBAR (Season 1) (May 25th)
FUBAR, Arnold Schwarzenegger's first leading role in a scripted television series, follows a CIA operative on the verge of retirement who is forced to take on one final mission. What's the catch? He must collaborate with his daughter, who also works for the CIA.
According to the show's official synopsis on Netflix:
"The series tackles universal family dynamics set against a global backdrop of spies, action, and humor."
This action-comedy series, starring Monica Barbaro, Milan Carter, and Barbara Eve Harris, is one of Netflix's most anticipated releases of the year.
I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson (May 30th)
Tim Robinson's popular sketch comedy series has returned for a second season. Season 3 of the show will have six episodes, just like the previous two seasons, and will feature a slew of guest stars.
Non-English Language Netflix Originals Coming in May 2023
|Sanctuary (Season 1)|
Sanctuary (Season 1) - May 4th
Sanctuary is a new Japanese Netflix Original series that follows an amateur sumo wrestler as he attempts to find his place in the ring. His unconventional methods and arrogant attitude, on the other hand, are unwelcome in an industry built on tradition and history.
The show sheds light on Japanese traditions and cultures by delving into the world of sumo, where money, women, fame, and power play a larger role than one might expect.
Sanctuary is directed by Kan Eguchi and written by Tomoki Kanazawa.
Ultraman (Season 3) - May 11th
When will Ultraman Season 3 be available on Netflix? Ultraman season 3 will be available on Netflix on Thursday, May 11th, 2023, according to a tweet from one of the official Netflix social channels.
Mute / El Silencio (Season 1) -May 19th
There's always time for a good thriller, and Mute Series (El Silencio), the new Netflix miniseries, is one that no one should miss. The series stars the Spanish Arón Piper and was created by Aitor Gabilondo, who recently brought us the HBO series Patria, which is about the real conflicts with ETA in Spain and how it affected families and entire communities (via the story of two connected families), but this is a fictional story about death, secrets, and crime.
Blood & Gold - May 26th
Blood & Gold, described as a spaghetti Western set during WWII, is coming to Netflix from the director of Blood Red Sky (currently Netflix's second biggest international movie of all time).
In the closing days of WWII, a German deserter desperate to return home becomes embroiled in a battle against SS troops on a mission to find hidden gold.
The film is directed by Peter Thorwarth and written by Stefan Barth, and it stars Alexander Scheer, Robert Maaser, and Roy McCrery.
Love Village – May 2nd
Japanese reality show about singles aged 35 and up from various backgrounds moving to a country house for a second chance at love.
Social Currency (Season 1) – May 26th
Hindi-language competition reality series.
Turn of the Tide (Season 1) – TBD
Portuguese thriller series.
New Movies & Documentaries Release on May, 2023
- Hannah Gadsby: Something Special (May 9)
- Queen Cleopatra (May 10)
- The Mother (May 12)
- Wanda Sykes: I'm An Entertainer (May 23)
- Victims/Suspect (May 23)
New Series and Shows Coming to Netflix on May, 2023
- Love Village (May 2)
- The Tailor (May 2)
- Jewish Matchmaking (May 3)
- Sanctuary (May 4)
- Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Chapter (May 4)
- Dance Brothers (May 10)
- Queer Eye (May 12)
- Black Knight (May 12)
- XO, Kitty (May 18)
- FUBAR (May 25)
- Yakitori: Soldiers of Misfortune (May)
Full List of Movies and Series in May, 2023: Day By Day
|Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story|
- Above Suspicion (2019)
- After Earth (2013)
- American Graffiti (1973)
- Demon Slayer (Season 3)
- Pitch Perfect (2012)
- Rainbow High (Season 3)
- Soft & Quiet (2022)
- The Dilemma (2011)
- The Glass Castle (2017)
- The Yellow Bird (2017)
- Tyler Perry’s The Family That Preys (2008)
- Vanquish (2021)
- When the Weather Is Fine (Season 1)
- Love Village (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Tailor (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Jewish Matchmaking (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Great British Baking Show: Juniors (Season 7) Netflix Original
- Larva Family (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story (Limited Series) Netflix Original
- Sanctuary (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Spirit Rangers (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Hannah Gadsby: Something Special (2023) Netflix Original
- Dance Brothers (Season 1) Netflix Original – Netflix’s first major Finnish series about two brothers struggling to make a living as professional dancers.
- Queen Cleopatra (Season 1) Netflix Original – Jada Pinkett Smith produces this controversial documentary series on the famous historical figure.
- Royalteen: Princess Margrethe (2023) Netflix Original – Norweigen movie spin-off to the teen series. Follows Princess Margrethe as she longs for normalcy and struggles to maintain her perfect facade while dealing with family drama.
- Ultraman (Season 3) Netflix Original – The final season of the hit anime series.
- Black Knight (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Mulligan (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Queer Eye (Season 7) Netflix Original
- The Mother (2023) Netflix Original
- XO, Kitty (Season 1) Netflix Original – Spin-off series to the rom-com movie series To All The Boys about teen matchmaker Kitty Song Covey having relationship troubles of her own when she travels to South Korea.
- Yakitori: Soldiers of Misfortune (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Muted (Season 1) Netflix Original – Spanish language series about Sergio Ciscar, who has remained silent since he killed his parents and after being released from prison, we’ll get to see why he’s been silent.
- Victim/Suspect (2023) Netflix Original
- Wanda Sykes: I’m An Entertainer (2023) Netflix Original
- The Parisian Agency: Exclusive Properties (Season 3) Netflix Original
- FUBAR (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Blood & Gold (2023) Netflix Original
- I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson (Season 3) Netflix Original – Sketch comedy series returns with Tim Robinson and Zach Kanin back at the helm for an additional six episodes.
What will you be watching on Netflix throughout May 2023? Please let us know in the comments section below.
| Top 5 Luckiest and Most Successful Zodiac Signs in May 2023 |
May 2023 is a month full of opportunities and luck for many zodiac signs. Here are 5 zodiac signs that will achieve great success, according ...
| Top 10 Oldest Person Alive in the World 2023 (Updated) |
Who is the oldest person alive in the world today? Some people have just passed away, so the position of the oldest living person in ...
| Top 10 Most Handsome & Hottest Male Rappers in The World 2023 |
Rap music has always been associated with a style of its own. Among many hot male rappers, we rounded up a list of handsome rappers ...