How to Learn to Accept Things and Let Go for Happiness - Life Lesson
|Learn to Let Go for A Happy Life|
Constantly looking at the past only makes them stay deeper in your mind and the present becomes cluttered. Only when we know how to let go of the pain, forget the unhappiness of the past, and do our best to grasp the present, can the future be better.
|“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” - Helen Keller|
Wise renunciation is better than blind attachment
Many people in their youth always wallow in things they shouldn't get involved with, always brood over the past, and don't allow themselves to forget the person they once liked. Only when they reach middle age do they gradually realize that excessive attachment is the source of unhappiness and suffering.
One of the most important things in life is knowing when to let go. Letting go of people and things that are no longer needed, letting go of the distractions in this life, that's how we move forward.
Don't be afraid of the future, don't dwell on the past. The more memories you keep, the more the future can hurt you. The more detailed the memory, the easier it is to build a cage of thoughts, get stuck in it, and get trapped deeper and deeper.
Psychologist Basel van der Cock once told the story of a 23-year-old swimming pool lifeguard named David. One day, when he saw a group of teenagers drinking and fighting in the pool, David stepped forward to intervene. Unfortunately, the youths instead of listening to the warning turned to attack him.
During the melee, David was stabbed in the left eye by a young man with a broken wine bottle. The light in that eye gradually lost its light.
For 30 years, David still thinks about the events of that year. He can even remember every detail of that day, about the images, sounds, and thoughts in his mind. Under the torment of the past, David gradually lost control of his emotions, often venting his anger on his wife and children.
"Actually, it wasn't the stab wound in the left eye that brought David's life down, but the memory he never let go of," Van der Cock said.
Like everyone, life will inevitably stumble and encounter obstacles along the way. Constantly looking at the past only makes them stay deeper in your mind and the present becomes cluttered.
There is a Western proverb that says, "Never cry over a spilled milkshake". The past is a thing of the past, good or bad, it doesn't make any sense to hold on. Don't wallow in unhappy things, forever regret looking into the past and tormenting yourself with memories.
|“The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel|
Learning to let go of the past, looking forward to the future is the way for you to have a good life!
Humans are often weak because they don't want to let go. Can't accept leaving an inappropriate relationship, can't let go of someone who has left. Remember, the people who have left in your life, even if you are immersed in your thoughts, you cannot bring them back. And even if it were possible to return, things would not be the same as before.
Memories are a one-way street, the past cannot be returned. The past, no matter how beautiful, is just the past, when someone has decided to leave, don't be sad and melancholy. What is really worth your attention and appreciation is the present and the people who are with you instead of stubbornly holding on.
Human life is essentially a process of letting go of the past and looking towards the future!
A certain man spent the first half of his life carefree in a rich family. However, an event occurred that caused the property to be destroyed, the family members had to flee everywhere and live a life of poverty and hardship.
From a person living in luxury, after becoming empty-handed one night, he gradually fell into a state of depression and mental breakdown, always immersed in the glorious moments of the past.
One day, when passing through a newly flooded wheat field, seeing a farmer plowing the field, he curiously asked:
"The crops are dead, why are you still plowing?"
The farmer looked up at him and said:
“The crops are gone, but the fields are still there.”
"So you don't feel depressed and sad because of the crop failure?" demanded the man.
The farmer replied:
“Sad. At first, I was also sad, but thinking about it, that sadness can't make the crops come back, can't give me food, clothes and clothes in the future."
The farmer's words made him seem to understand the problem. Obsessed with the past only makes people increasingly dissatisfied with the status quo, difficult to see the future.
Letting go of the past, facing it with optimism and staying proactive can make life bloom again. Life is not easy and each obstacle is a test of our ability to solve problems and our attitude towards them.
Blindly dwelling on the past will only make you bound by the past. Only when we know how to let go of the pain, forget the unhappiness of the past, and dedicate ourselves to grasping the present, can the future be better.
The real meaning of happiness lies in the fact that you put forth your best effort to move forward, and the wisdom of life lies in the fact that you look ahead without distraction. Do not blindly bury your head in the past, dare to let go of the past and firmly move forward. The more you move forward, the more suffering will recede.
The master Thich Nhat Hanh states that to truly let go we must learn to love more wholly.
Top 40+ Best Quotes On Letting Go for A Happy Life
1.“There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.”
|Have to Let Go|
2. “When you let go you create space for something better.”
3.“It’s not a matter of letting go – you would if you could. Instead of “Let it go” we should probably say “Let it be”. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
4.“Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
5. “Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go.”
6.“The reason why we can’t let go of someone is because deep inside we still have hope.”
7.“If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
8.“Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering.” – Hal Tipper
9.“Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
10.“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
11. “Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it’s the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. But my hand has been clenched into a fist for three years now; it’s frozen shut.” – Gayle Forman
12. “Let go of something old that no longer serves you to make room for something new.” – Roy T. Bennett
13. “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” – Tony Schwartz
14. “Whatever comes, let it come, what stays let stay, what goes let go.” – Papaji
15. “The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.” – Rebecca Solnit
16. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
17. “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” – Ginni Rometty
18. “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye.” – Beyoncé
19. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”- Alexander Graham Bell
20. “If letting go, if letting people and things work themselves out in the way that they needed to without your help was the most important thing, then it was also the hardest.” – Deb Caletti
21. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” – Unknown
23. “The greatest loss of time is delay and expectation, which depend upon the future. We let go the present, which we have in our power, and look forward to that which depends upon chance, and so relinquish a certainty for an uncertainty.” – Seneca
24. “Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay.” – Lee Goff
25. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
26. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
27. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.”
28. “I realise there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
29. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.” – Ralph Marston
30. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” – Faraaz Kazi
31. “Even as I hold you, I am letting you go.” – Alice Walker
32. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
33. “The moment after being let go, when we can finally let it go, is the moment when love once again has hope.” – Brian MacLearn
34. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?”
35. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
36. “Letting go of someone we love is the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death.” – Goldie Hawn
37. “If love becomes too painful, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self.” – Robert Tew
38. “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.” – Eleanor Brownn
39. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths” – Walt Disney
40. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” – Bryant McGill
41. “Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
42. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
43. “Letting go helps us to to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” – Melody Beatti
| If You Want to Make Life Easier, Must Remove the Word of 'CONTROL' - Life Lesson |
Life Lesson - The essence of life is actually very simple. To make life easier, learn to let go of the two words of control ...
| 10+ First Unique Life Lessons to Teach Your Kid Right Now |
Children entering life in the modern era have a lot of new changes compared to their parents' lives before. So the first life lessons for ...
| When You're Desperate, Keep 3 Unique Quotes in Mind - Life Lesson |
Life Lesson - In this life, good or bad, you decide. Whatever lies ahead, as long as you don't give up and keep moving forward, ...
| 9 Essential Life Lessons You Should Keep in Mind |
Each life story is a valuable lesson, practical to apply to work and life. Please read and ponder!