20 unknown facts about blood, the fluid in our body
These are 30 interesting facts about human bloods revealed on Onlyfunfacts that you shouldn't miss them.
1. The human heart pumps about one million barrels of blood during an average lifetime. That is enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.
2. When it comes to extreme heat in Melbourne, the lions in the zoo are given frozen blood.
3. The average price of one liter of black ink is higher than the price of one liter of human blood.
4. It would require 1,200,000 mosquitoes to exsanguinate the blood out of a human.
5. In Paraguay, pistol dueling is legal as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
6. When Komodo dragons bite their prey, they release a poison that, among other things, inhibits blood clotting. So, if their prey is not killed immediately, the dragons can then track it down and feed on it after it has died from blood loss as well as from the other bacteria contained in the poison.
7. The vampire bat has an enzyme that prevents its victims’ blood from clotting on wounds. As a result, the victims lose more blood that the vampire bats can then feed on.
8. In addition to the known blood types of the AB0 system, there is a fourth, very rare variant. It is colloquially called the Bombay blood group, since only about 20,000 people worldwide have this blood group, almost all of whom come from India.
9. From water depth of 33 feet and more there is no more red light. For this reason blood looks green at this depth.
10. Our blood accounts for seven percent of our body weight.
11. James Harrison is a record holder in blood donations. He donated his blood over 1,000 times.
12. From 1920 onwards, Alexander Alexandrovich Bogdanov tried to discover a medical fountain of youth by performing blood transfusions on himself and injecting himself with the blood of younger people. One blood transfusion, however, was contaminated with malaria and tuberculosis, which eventually killed Bogdanov.
13. On average, it takes about 45 seconds for a single drop of blood to circulate from the heart, all around the body, and back to the heart again.
14. The word “blood” is mentioned at least once in every Shakespeare piece.
15. Human blood contains about 0.2 milligrams of gold.
|According to Thoughtco.com, human blood contains metals atoms including iron, chromium, manganese, zinc, lead, and copper. You may also be surprised to know that blood contains small amounts of gold. The human body has about 0.2 milligrams of gold that is mostly found in the blood.|
16. For a long time, it was tradition in Ireland that one liter of Guinness beer was given for each liter of donated blood.
17. The first successful blood transfusion took place in 1660 and was between two dogs.
18. The reflex that we automatically lead a small wound to our mouth is an innate protective mechanism. The saliva in our mouth helps the blood to coagulate and kills bacteria.
19. A newborn has just 234 milliliters of blood in its body.
20. AB0 isn’t the only blood grouping system. There are currently 39 systems recognized by the International Society of Blood Transfusion.
Besides, Brightside reveals some influences that blood can cause.
Our heartbeat influences our mood. Scientists studied this phenomenon when a man was fitted with a new heart. After the surgery, his mind, feelings, and actions changed in unusual ways.
To reduce the risk of a heart attack, you have to wake up slowly in the morning and reduce the intensity of evening workouts.
Coconut water is able to replace blood plasma thanks to their similar compositions.
Blood groups may be a reason for divorce. Scientists have found out that there is a link between spouses’ blood types and the percentage of divorces. Thus, in the strongest couples, both people have O type. Couples who decide to divorce usually have such combinations: A + AB or A + O.
The blood type has an impact on our health. People with type O blood aren’t prone to cardiovascular diseases but they are more susceptible to developing skin cancer or obesity.
People with type A blood should pay attention to the level of cholesterol in their blood. They are at risk for coronary heart disease development.
Those with type B blood should remember that they’re prone to diabetes and pancreatic cancer.
People who have type AB blood should take care of their memory and concentration since chances of cognitive impairment in AB individuals are 82% higher than in other types.
Energy drinks change the way the heart beats. Scientists have found out that after drinking energy drinks, the amount of caffeine is up to 3 times higher than in other caffeinated drinks like coffee or soda. What’s more, they affect our heartbeat and may cause seizures or death.
|6 interesting facts about Xiaomi |
Once the third largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, Xiaomi was founded in 2010. Its biggest markets are China and India, where the company overtook ...
|Facts About Longest River in the world |
Despite many arguments about which is the longest river in the world, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, the official title belonged to ...
|Some Facts About Oppo - a potential rival to other smartphone brands |
Using OPPO but do not know where it is from? The information given below will provide you some facts about this electronic brand.