Top Heartfelt Wishes and Great Quotes for Wedding
|Photo: Hollywood Rp|
Heartfelt wedding wishes for the bride and groom to write on a wedding card:
Formal Wedding Wishes
Just because it's a formal wedding with floor-length dresses and tuxes doesn't mean you have to send a formal card with stuffy wording. Still, if you want to give the bride and groom a nice wish that's timeless and romantic, a formal is the way to go.
- "Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness."
- "Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow."
- "Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together."
- "May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy."
- "May the love you share today grow stronger as you grow old together."
- "May your joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine."
- "May today be the beginning of a long, happy life together."
- "Thank you for letting us/me share in this joyful day. We/I wish you all the best as you embark on this wonderful union."
- "Wishing you joy, love and happiness on your wedding day and as you begin your new life together."
- "May the love and happiness you feel today shine through the years."
Casual Wedding Wishes
It's completely fine to write a more casual wedding message in the card, no matter the recipient. Put it this way: Short and sweet is always fine, as long as you're saying something nice or including a wish for the couple's future, as cited by The Knot.
|Photo: Truly Experiences|
- "Best wishes!"
- "Congratulations on your wedding!"
- "We're/I'm so happy for you!"
- "Wishing you lots of love and happiness."
- "We/I love you. Congrats!"
- "Lots of love today and beyond."
- "Here's a little something to start your life together." (If you're including a gift)
- "Hugs and kisses."
- "Wishing you a long and happy marriage."
- "Here's to a long and happy marriage!"
- "Wishing you the best today and always."
- "So happy to celebrate this day with you both!"
- "Best wishes for a fun-filled future together."
Funny Wedding Wishes
Go ahead and write something funny in the card that you think will make them laugh. Just be careful with your marriage wishes. What might easily come across as a joke in conversation could be taken the wrong way on paper. As a rule of thumb, avoid jokes that are sarcastic or snarky. Also off-limits? Steer clear of anything that could be considered insulting, imply that one of them is the "better half" or mention anything about it has taken way too long (or way too little time) to get married. No divorce jokes!
|Photo: Good Morning Message|
- "As Bill and Ted said, 'Be excellent to each other.'"
- "Thanks for inviting us/me to eat and drink while you get married. Congrats!"
- "You two make almost as good of a team as the [insert your/their favourite sports team's name here]." Or, "I haven't been this happy for anybody since [insert team name here] won the World Series/other championship!"
- "Our marriage advice: Love, honour and… scrub the toilet." (Or fill in any other funny advice you have.)
- "Congratulations—your wedding successfully made me sob like a baby!"
- "Glad we/I got to break out our/my dance moves in honour of such a great couple. Lots of love to you both!"
- "Thanks for the free booze. Best wishes on a long, happy marriage!"
Religious Wedding Wishes
If the couple is religious, then this might be the best option. Religious wedding card messages can mention God, tell them of your prayers or quote scripture. Before writing a religious message in a wedding card, consider the couple's beliefs and practices, and customize the message to them.
- "May your marriage be blessed!"
- "Wishing you a marriage as strong as your faith."
- "Sending you prayers for unending love and happiness."
- "Love is the greatest blessing."
- "May God bless you and your union."
- "May God grant you all of life's blessings and love's joys."
- "God bless you both on this day with a lifetime of shared love and joy."
- "May the One who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your lives and deepen your love throughout the years."
- "'God has poured out His love into our hearts.' – Romans 5:5"
- "'Love is patient. Love is kind… Love never fails.' – 1 Corinthians 13:4-13"
- "Mazel Tov! May the joy that is yours today always fill your life."
- "'I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.' – Shir Ha'Shirim/Song of Songs 6:3" Or " 'Ani L'Dodi, v'Dodi Li.' – Shir Ha'Shirim/Song of Songs 6:3"
- "Mazel Tov on your wedding!" or "Mazel Tov on your marriage!"
Meaningful and inspiring wedding quotes about love and relationships:
Beautiful wedding quotes will really add something extra to the wedding speech, or they can work as a wedding motto to display on stationery and wedding signs, according to Hitched.
From movies, books, celebrities, writers and philosophers, KnowInsider suggests some wedding quotes that make you fall in love all over again.
- “If I get married, I want to be very married.” - Audrey Hepburn
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” - Dr Seuss
- “Love recognises no barriers, it jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination, full of hope.” - Maya Angelo
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” - Mignon McLaughlin
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” - Lao Tzu
- “No one has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” - Zelda Fitzgerald
- “When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” - When Harry Met Sally
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland
- “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” - Albert Einstein
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades. But to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, now that's a real treat" - Joanne Woodward
- “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” - Fawn Weaver
- “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” - Arrigo Boito
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” - Martin Luther
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.” - Andre Marois
- “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” - Dave Meurer
| Best Good Luck Wishes and Congratulation Messages for New Business |
Your friend is about to start his/her new business, startups and entrepreneurs, but you don't know how to choose the best wishes and congratulation messages ...
| Happy Hanukkah: Best wishes and quotes |
Hanukkah is going to come! In case you are planning to send a card to your loves ones on Hanukkah, the wishes and quotes given ...
| Happy Birthday: Best messages and quotes for Family Members |
Choose from beautifully crafted birthday messages for close family members you’ve known for a long time, or short and sweet messages for regular friends and ...