Happy Hanukkah: Best wishes and quotes
What is Hanukkah?
Hanukkah is a Jewish festival that lasts for a period of eight days. It starts on the 25th day of the Kislev month, according to the Hebrew calendar. The particular festival is observed to commemorate the rededication of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, which took place at the time of the Maccabees Revolt, of 2nd century BC.
Also known as the 'Festival of Lights' and 'Chanukah', Hanukkah celebrations are marked by a number of rituals, some of which revolve around family, while others are communal in nature. In many of the families, gifts and cards are also exchanged as a part of the Chanukah festival. In case you are planning to send a card to your loves ones on Hanukkah, adorn it with the wishes given below and make their day even more special. You can also use them as SMS, for wishing people on the festive day, according to Festivals.iloveindia.
Best Wishes For Hanukah
1. Wishing you a holiday season bright with joy and rich memories. Happy Hanukkah!
2. Hanukkah is here! Candles rekindled; Faith renewed; Tradition preserved.
3. May you find meaning in the season and peace in your heart. Happy Hanukkah!
4. As you celebrate the Festival of Lights, may your home be bright with happiness and love. Best Wishes at Hanukkah.
5. May your heart be warmed with the glow of Hanukkah candles and your New Year be happy and healthy. Happy Hanukkah!
6. The spin of the dreidel, the warm candlelight, May your Hanukkah be happy, healthy and bright. Happy Hanukkah!
7. Hanukkah is here! May the warmth and glow of each candle you light make your heart and home happy, your Hanukkah bright. Happy Hanukkah!
8. Candles rekindled Faith renewed Tradition preserved May you find meaning in the season, peace in your heart. Happy Hanukkah!
9. Wishing you every happiness at Hanukkah and a year filled with many blessings. Happy Hanukkah!
10. Today we will light the first candle of Hanukkah, a holiday that commemorates the victory of light over darkness. We hope that this will help light Gilad's way home and we will witness the miracle of his release soon. Happy Hanukkah!
Best Quotes For Hanukah
Here is a look at some amazing Hanukkah greeting card quotes that will help you surely from Bustle.
1. "Hanukkah is about the spark of the divine in all of us made in God's image." — Suzanne Fields
2. "On Hanukkah, the first dark night, light yourself a candle bright. I'll you, if you will me invite, to dance within that gentle light." — Nicholas Gordon
3. "Still ours the dance, the feast, the glorious psalm; the mystic lights of emblem, and the word." — Emma Lazarus
4. "The commandment to light the Hanukkah lamp is an exceedingly precious one, and one should be particularly careful to fulfill it. In order to make known the miracle, and to offer additional praise ... to God for the Wonders which He has wrought for us." — Maimonides
5. "Is not Hanukkah a symbol of Israel, and its light a symbol of his immortality?" — Leo Jung
6. "The darkness of the whole world cannot swallow the glowing of a candle." — Robert Altinger
7. "The miracle, of course, was not that the oil for the sacred light — in a little cruse — lasted as long as they say; but that the courage of the Maccabees lasted to this day: let that nourish my flickering spirit." — Charles Reznikoff
8. "A candle is a small thing. But one candle can light another. And see how its own light increases, as a candle gives its flame to the other. You are such a light." — Moshe Davis
9. "Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart." — Hannah Senesh
10. "As long as Hanukkah is studied and remembered, Jews will not surrender to the night. The proper response, as Hanukkah teaches, is not to curse the darkness but to light a candle." — Irving Greenberg
Hanukkah is not just a festival of lights and dedication; it is also a festival of love, happiness, and blessings. Celebrate this beautiful festival of lights with your loved ones around and make them feel the warmth of your love.
May the eight days of celebration brings colors to their life and add new meaning to the year long! This Hanukkah, may you be blessed with spirituality over materialism and love over hatred. From Wishesmsg, wishing you a holiday season bright with joy and rich memories Happy Hanukkah!
If you find the abovementioned information effective and useful, don't hesitate to share this article to your friends, thanks from Knowinsider!
| Happy International Men's Day: Best wishes and Quotes for your sons |
Every year November 19th is observed as International Men’s Day, which means this year's International Men's Day is about to come. Knowinsider will introduce you ...
| Happy International Men's Day: Best wishes for your teachers |
Below are the newest Happy Men’s Day wishes and quotes for teachers on International Men's Day by Knowinsider. Share these wonderfully inspiring Men’s Day wishes ...