New TV Shows & Movies Coming To Disney Plus This May
|New TV Shows & Movies Coming To Disney Plus This May|
Disney+ was always going to be a success with Star Wars, The Avengers, and the entire Walt Disney Animation Studios library at its disposal, but as 2021 rolls along, we’re starting to see how the streaming service is going to compete with the likes of Netflix and Prime Video for years to come. May might not have any Marvel Studios shows, but Star Wars: The Bad Batch — a sequel to and spinoff of The Clone Wars — is debuting this month, bringing back several characters that fans of the long-running animated series should remember.
Other Disney+ original series that will be airing throughout the month include Big Shot, The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. To cap it all off, Disney’s live-action Cruella movie starring Emma Stone will be available for $30 as part of the Premier Access program on May 28th.
Disney+ Release Schedule (May 2021)
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, episode 1
- Disney Wander Over Yonder, season 1
- Disney Wander Over Yonder, season 2
- Everyone’s Hero
- Flicka 2
- Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- Big Shot: Episode 4
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, episode 7
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, episode 2
- Disney Special Agent Oso, season 1
- Disney Special Agent Oso, season 2
- Disney Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps, season 1
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- Life Below Zero, season 15
- Race to the Center of the Earth, season 1
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, season 2, episode 1
- Big Shot: Episode 5
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, episode 8
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, episode 3
- Disney Big City Greens, season 2
- Disney Junior Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures, season 1
- Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast
- Fury Files (Interstitials)
- Ice Road Rescue, season 5
- Running Wild With Bear Grylls, season 6
- Inside Pixar: Unpacked
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, season 2, episode 2
- Big Shot, episode 6
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, episode 9
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, episode 4
- Bluey Shorts, season 2
- Disney Sydney to the Max, season 3
- Kingdom of the Polar Bears, season 1
- Wicked Tuna, season 10
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, season 2, episode 3
- Big Shot, episode 7
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, episode 10
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, episode 5, according to Digitaltrends.
Best New Movies & Shows on Disney+ May 2021
Cruella de Vil is back, and she seems more deliciously evil than ever! Disney’s much-anticipated Cruella de Vil origin story starring Emma Stone will premiere on Disney+ May 28. It will be available for a one-time additional Premier Access fee, and will be released simultaneously in theaters.
Cruella follows the misadventures of a young woman, Estella, as she fights to make a name for herself as a designer in 1970s London during the punk rock revolution. Along the way, she encounters Baroness von Hellman (Emma Thompson) and “their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.”
It’s unclear where the original Cruella’s villainous obsession with dalmatians fits into this live-action prequel, but in any case, Cruella looks like a big dose of wicked fun, Parade noted.
The six-film collection features short works from filmmakers from underrepresented backgrounds, created as part of Disney’s Launchpad: Shorts incubator program.
There’s American EID, written and directed by Aqsa Altaf, which follows Ameena, a young Muslim Pakistani immigrant who fights to make Eid a recognized public school holiday in the U.S. And there’s Dinner Is Served, written and directed by Hao Zheng, about a Chinese student striving for a leadership role at an elite American boarding school.
All six shorts in the collection are tied to the theme “Discover.” The collection will drop as a batch on Disney+ May 28.
|Photo: USA Today|
Star Wars: The Bad Batch
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch” follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War.
Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army – each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew, Whatsondisneyplus cited.
RELATED: Star Wars - The Bad Batch: Premerier Date, Where & How to Watch and Plot
If you missed our recap of everything arriving on Disney+ in April, you can find it here.
* Check the links below for more related information:
| Upcoming Marvel Movies and Disney Plus Shows |
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has big plans for the future. Check out our complete movie schedule for Marvel's fans below!
| Top 12 Best Easter Movies On Disney+ |
Easter is coming, and you are worried about not having anything to watch and kill the boredom when you get stuck at home due to ...
| How to Watch Disney Plus with Friends - GroupWatch |
Disney Plus has been launching a new feature that helps people watching a movie online together in a large group, and it becomes convenient, since ...
| Upcoming Disney Movie Released in 2021 to 2022 |
This year 2021 and the next year is going to be a hit with Disney, since it plans to release multiple new movies. Let's take ...