National Spouses Day: Celebration, Best Wishes, Quotes and History
|National Spouses Day. Photo: KnowInsiders|
January 26 is Spouse's Day, a day to celebrate your spouse, better half, or significant other. This is a day dedicated to recognizing spouses everywhere. Be thankful for the fulfillment and security of a long-term relationship. Be thankful for the blessing of your spouse.
“Brands mature over time, like a marriage. The bond you feel with your spouse is different than when you first met each other. Excitement and discovery are replaced by comfort and depth.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
When is National Spouses Day?
Celebrated annually on January 26th, National Spouses Day is an unofficial holiday which encourages couples to celebrate each other on this day. On this day, people are supposed to take time out of their busy schedule to show just how important their spouse is to them. After all, the love that isn’t tended is most likely the one that doesn’t thrive. This holiday shouldn’t be confused with Military Spouses Day – a holiday which falls on May 12th.
What is a spouse?
A spouse is a companion, your partner or your mate. In past history, the word spouse was used as a verb meaning “to marry.”
Now it is used as a noun that refers to either your husband or wife, or lifetime partner.
History of National Spouses Day
The origin of National Spouses Day is unknown, but it is assumed that a married person came up with the idea. Some say it originated from the establishment of Military Spouses Day which was created in 1984, but only started becoming popular around the millennium. The day is celebrated as a national holiday on January 26 officially in the USA and UK, but many other countries celebrate it too.
The foundation of this day derives from the idea of showing thanks to your partner. Some workplaces even encourage couples to go on leave to celebrate the day and spend some quality time with their spouses.
Unlike Valentine’s day, this is a day created for giving time rather than gifts and celebrating your spouse. Due to this, couples are encouraged to spend alone time and to reflect on their journey so far. Scientific research has shown that twenty minutes of holding hands with your partner or cuddling even, can release hormones that leaves you both happier and feeling good. In turn, this relieves stress and makes you feel closer to one another.
National Spouse Day has become well known for igniting many media sources to survey couples’ behaviors and relationships and has managed to find out many interesting facts. This includes the fact that two million people get married every year in the U.S alone. Also, that 17% of them have previously been married.
Many couples have expressed feeling as though life can get too busy, and so a day like National Spouse Day is key to revitalizing relationships at the start of the new year. Others feel that your spouse should be celebrated everyday, but that an official day to commemorate your husband or wife is also seen as an honor.
| Top 100 Best Wishes And Messages for Valentine’s Day |
Valentine's Day is a great time to remind your partner how much you love him/her. Check out 100 best Valentine’s Day wishes and messages to ...
How to Celebrate Spouses Day
This day is meant to provide a simple acknowledgment of the commitment and sacrifice it takes to be married. Because it happens in the middle of the dark winter, Spouse’s Day can be a great time to ignite a spark in a marriage, bringing some fun and light to an otherwise dreary season.
Consider these options for celebrating this day:
Go on a Mini Road Trip
Call a babysitter for the kids and make plans to take a little getaway! Even if Spouse’s Day falls on a Tuesday, it’s easy to take the weekend before or the weekend after to celebrate the day. Drive somewhere away from distractions where it’s easier to focus on each other. Take time during the drive to share fond memories or talk about things that you appreciate about each other.
Making it a day trip means it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money, but adding an overnight at a Bed and Breakfast could make it even more special and romantic. A trip like this could be particularly special for those who are able to visit the place where they had their very first date, the place where they got engaged, or some other significant location.
Go Out (or Stay In) on a Date
Married partners can often take for granted their need to spend dedicated time nurturing their own relationship. Kids, jobs and the busy-ness of life can take their toll on a marriage. Taking time to “date” a spouse might seem strange, but it is a vital investment for relational health and longevity.
Putting electronic devices away, plan to go on a long walk or hike (weather permitting), set up a picnic for two at a local park, enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner, peruse through a museum or art gallery, enjoy a botanical garden, take a tour through a brewery, or relax at a spa with a couple’s massage. Whether simple or complicated, no matter what activity is chosen, the point is to do it together and enjoy one another’s company!
Take a Walk Down Memory Lane
Remembering why you got together in the first place is a good way to reignite the spark in a marriage. Get out the wedding photo album or peruse through snapshots from early in the relationship. Listen to songs that were popular at the beginning of dating, or watch the first movie you ever saw together. Enjoy thinking back through the good times and commit to making more good times in the future!
Try Something Out of the Ordinary
One challenging thing about marriage relationships is when the regular daily grind turns life into something ho-hum and boring. A great way to stir things up is to think creatively about ways to enjoy each other’s company by doing something atypical. Whether learning a new skill, taking an art or cooking class, or hiking a new trail, trying something new together creates opportunities to bond and renew the flicker of life in a marriage.
Cook for your spouse
Food has a way of making anyone happy. Surprise your partner by cooking a classy meal and eat at the table if you’re a couple who doesn’t usually. Use cookbooks or YouTube to find recipes, or simply think of your spouse’s favorite meal and do your best to make it.
Look back on your wedding day
This game is all the more fun if you're not a newlywed. You may live together, but how well do you and your spouse actually know each other? If you don't have the board game, find some Newlywed Game questions online.
Spend a romantic night
Our busy life is just killing the romance. It’s damn true that sometimes we forget to do romance with our loved one. So here comes a great opportunity for you. If you have kids then send them to your relative’s house. Create a damn romantic environment. Be as romantic as you can. It’s not being only physical, both of you can watch a movie together, you can cook food. In a word, make him/her happy.
What about if you play games with him/her? It’s not like you have to play football or cricket. You can try some indoor games. Juts ensure only you and your spouse join the game. While playing do some stupidity do some romantic fight. Both of you will remember these moments until the very last day of your life.
Why should we celebrate national spouses day?
Life is caught up due to the pressure of daily needs, and work and relationships take a backseat for couples. This day January 26, could serve as a break to come out of routine and enjoy fruitfully with your partner. Mark a holiday and schedule on January 26, and take time out with your people to mark the celebration.
The better half adds beauty to our life. This day will add an essence to the beauty of married life with your partner, go for a holiday with your people and the person you love to boost your relationship.
Spouse deserves appreciation and definitely a holiday. It should be done regularly with your mate. Though love could be exchanged each day, Celebrating the national spouse’s day will add extra beauty to the love that is exchanged every day with your mate.
Marriage is the union of two souls that grows more meaningful over the years with each other after the common law marriage. Appreciation, care, love, security, morale, fulfillment, and affection makes the marriage wonderful. Let your spouse know how much she or he is valued by doing the best through memorable events on national spouse day, which is on January 26. Take time to show some love and warmth, which you share with your partner during the celebration on social media.
Historical facts on National Spouses Day
* World marriage day is observed on the second Sunday of February. An American organization created it. The day is celebrated to find joy in marriage.
* The history of national spouses day isn’t documented, but the archives say the military spouse day was in 1984.
* National spouses day might be created sometime after 1984. The day gained popularity in the 2000s.
* The national spouse’s day is celebrated annually to make the spouses celebrate each other despite their busy schedules.
* In the past, the word spouse was used as a verb which meant “To marry”.
* Inspired by the National Spouses day theme, many couple surveys are conducted to assess the tendencies in couple behavior. Some interesting findings were;-Annually there are 2 million marriages in the US and around 17% of these couples are previously married.
* France law allows you to marry someone dead.
* The third year of marriage is said to be the most jovial year for most couples.
* Until 1967, inter-racial marriage was scorned upon in the US.
* It is scientifically proven that holding hands for about 20mins leads to the release of happy, feel-good hormones that relieve stress and creates a feeling of bonding.
Romantic Spouses Day Messages, Spouse Quotes Love
* May the romance, passion and love that we have in our marriage does not fade away with time. Wishing a very Happy Spouses Day to you.
* On the occasion of Spouses Day¸ I am sending my love and warmth to the one and only who completes me. Warm wishes on Spouses Day to you my love.
* Having you as a partner in my life is the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me and I am really thankful to Almighty for it. Happy Spouses Day.
* A spouse who understands you and loves you like no one else is certainly someone worth living for and dying for. Warm wishes on Spouses Day to you.
* On the occasion of Spouses Day, I promise that I am always going to be there for you, making you happy and bringing you joys. Happy Spouses Day to you my love.
* You have made me a better person in so many ways and I cannot thank you enough for it. Warm wishes on National Spouses Day to you.
* On the occasion of National Spouses Day, let us make it a memorable one as we both belong to each other and love each other beyond all the conditions. Happy National Spouses Day.
* As we celebrate National Spouses Day, I pray to God to always keep you happy because your happiness is the reason for all my joys. Happy National Spouses Day to you.
* You are the only one in my life who understands me without words and loves me without conditions. Sending you lots of hugs on National Spouses Day.
* The occasion of National Spouses Day reminds me that I am so lucky to have a life partner like you who makes each and every day so special for me. Happy National Spouses Day to you.
* Warm wishes on the occasion of National Spouses Day to all the married couples. May you enjoy this day with your better half and embrace each other with love.
* To all the married couples, I extend my warm wishes on the occasion of National Spouses Day. May you find eternal happiness and love in each other.
* I wish I could just hold you in my arms and feel you because you are the one who makes me complete in every sense. Happy National Spouses Day to you.
* The occasion of National Spouses Day is a reminder to each one of us that we are blessed to have such amazing life partners. Happy National Spouses Day.
* Warm wishes on National Spouses Day to you. Celebrate this day with the one who makes this marriage and life so much more beautiful with love.
Spouses Day Quotes
* “The most wonderful thing I decided to do, was share my life and heart with you!”
* “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
* “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
* “Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart.”
* “No matter where I go, the warmest place for me will always be in your arms.”
* “A happy marriage is not based on the number of days or years you’ve been married. A happy marriage is about how much you love each other every day.”
* “I love you today, I have from the start. And I’ll love you forever with all of my heart.”
* “A happy man marries the woman he loves. A happier man loves the woman he married.”
* “Marriage is not a noun, it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get, it’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every single day.”
* “The goal in marriage is to not think alike, but to think together.”
| National Donor Day: Date, History, Significance and Meaningful Activities |
What do you think about donating blood on Valentine's Day? The National Donor Day which falls on February 14 aims to raise awareness of the ...
| National Hugging Day: Dates, Celebrations, History, Meaning and Facts |
A hug is an emotional charge that strengthens the immune system. Every January 21, the world celebrates National Hug Day (January 21) or World Hug ...
| National Handwriting Day: Dates, Celebrations, History, Meaning and Facts |
National Handwriting Day (January 23rd) appreciates the art of handwriting, which is seriously blurred during technology development.