How To Style Long Sleeve T-Shirts in Hottest Trends
|How To Style Long Sleeve Tee In Different Ways|
While you may rely on your favorite short-sleeve tees to use as key layering pieces in your fall and winter 'fits, long-sleeve tees are also often a go-to when you need even more warmth. Keep scrolling for a bit of shopping and styling inspiration, complete with actual customer testimonials showcasing the reviews of the tees featured.
What is a long sleeve tee and who can wear it?
Long-sleeve T-shirts are as the name suggests, T-shirts with their sleeves extended to cover the entire arm up to the wrist. These shirts combine the casual and comfortable feel of a T-shirt with the full coverage of a business/dress shirt. You see these shirts more often in the Fall and Winter as temperatures drop, but high-quality T-shirts made of cotton are also a great way to beat the heat in the summer.
You could call these warm-up shirts, winter T-shirts, or other names. Their distinguishing feature is their long sleeves. Good for keeping you warm on cool days
Men and women can wear long-sleeve T-shirts for casual, dating, and even professional occasions. When it gets especially cold, long sleeve T-shirts are great for layering.
Reason to choose a long sleeve shirt
Mixing the silhouettes of your outfits is an excellent way to bring the focus on other parts of your body. If you are looking to highlight your legs or waist, wear a long sleeve shirt instead of a 3/4 length or short sleeve. This will draw the eye to whatever part you want. To highlight your waist, wear a belt to highlight it; if you want the focus to be on your legs, wear heels that match the color of your pants to elongate them.
Another benefit to mixing silhouettes is it looks very chic and stylish. Celebrities and style icons alike mix silhouettes to create unique looks that have not been done before. Turn your summer wardrobe around by switching your tanks out for long sleeve shirts. Pick a light fabric and color, and enjoy the sun. Mixing shorts with a white long sleeve shirt can transform your looks. Bail on the classic tank-top-and-shorts look this summer and try something unique. Not too many people will try this, but remember that long sleeve shirt will help you to avoid sun damage, a big plus for those with fair skin!
General Long Sleeve Benefits
A long sleeve shirt is an attractive choice that gives you a lot of benefits! Long sleeve shirts provide better coverage, highlight your arms, keep you cozy, and work as layering shirts or on their own. Whether you are wearing a red floral long sleeve undershirt or need a swimsuit cover, a long sleeve is excellent because they are comfortable and give you more coverage than any other shirt.
Different Occasions that Call for a Long Sleeve Shirt
It is not only during winter that you should wear a long sleeve shirt, but anytime. Long sleeves are a great choice for things like early morning runs or rainy days. You can also consider a long sleeve when you go camping, boating or on a road trip! Sometimes short sleeves and tank tops just don’t cut it for certain activities, especially when the sun isn’t out.
1. Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Mini Leather Skirt
To kick start this list of cool and youthful outfit ideas, I am going to show you a very unique outfit to start with. Wearing a simple graphic t-shirt with a black leather mini skirt to look stylish and eye-catching. Pair them with white sneakers to wrap up the look.
2. Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Mini Shorts
To form this boyish and attractive street look, some clever layering techniques are used. At the core of the outfit, you can wear a simple long sleeve graphic t-shirt with a pair of black mini shorts. Style them by tying a black and white plaid boyfriend shirt around your waist. Pair them with white sneakers to complete the outfit in a clean and simple way.
3. Jacket with Long Sleeve Graphic T-Shirt & Pencil Skirt
To form this stylish business casual outfit, you can wear a long sleeve grey graphic t-shirt with a black fitted leather jacket for the top to look lean and smart. Pair them with a black and white plaid pencil skirt to add an elegant touch. For the shoes, wear a pair of white pointed-toe heels to add a refreshing and feminine touch to the outfit.
4. Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Jeans
To form this lovely look, you can wear a black long sleeve graphic tee for the top. Now, here comes the lovely and cozy part. Instead of wearing a pair of dark jeans, you can wear a pair of sky blue skinny jeans to look more refreshing. For the shoes, either white sneakers or a pair of black and white low-top converse would look perfect.
It is fun to wear a black long sleeve graphic t-shirt that has a graphic both in the front and on the back of the t-shirt. You can pair it with a pair of greyish blue cuffed skinny jeans to look lean and stylish. For the shoes, you can wear black sneakers to add a darker feel to your entire look.
5. Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Chiffon Mini Pleated Skirt
To form this refreshing and low-key sexy look, instead of wearing jeans or shorts, let’s build an outfit around a semi-sheer skirt. In detail, wear a white long sleeve print tee for the top. Pair it with a white chiffon mini pleated skirt to look girly and refreshing. For the shoes, wear a pair of white sandals to add an extra refreshing touch.
6. Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Pants
To look slightly more mature, you may want to choose a deeper color like the color of burgundy. For example, you can wear a burgundy long sleeve graphic tee with a pair of black and white polka dot skinny pants to achieve a vintage and mature look. Wear black ballet flats to wrap up the look cleanly.
7. Long Sleeve T-Shirt with Leggings
To look even more stylish and chic, you may instead wear a really long t-shirt, or simply a midi length grey long sleeve graphic tunic t-shirt. Pair it with black leather leggings or just plain black leggings to form some stylish layers. For the shoes, wear a pair of black ballet flats to complete the outfit in a lean and clean way.
8. Long Sleeve Under the T-Shirt
1. Long Sleeve Under T-Shirt Outfit
On the road to becoming a fashion expert, there’s nothing more fun than layering! So, of course, we’re in favor of two t-shirts with different sleeve lengths worn together. Wondering how to style them?
- Let the inner layer comprise a long-sleeved t-shirt and pants in the same color. Then, slip on a half-sleeved t-shirt in a contrasting hue and what you’ll have is an outfit that can be flaunted on your days off! Finish with a shopper’s tote.
- For a super comfy and lounge-friendly look, choose two baggy t-shirts - one with full sleeves and one with half sleeves. Pair them with baggy trousers and sneakers.
- Take your style game up a notch by wearing a full-sleeved t-shirt (preferably printed) under a really long half-sleeved t-shirt. Jordans will look fabulous with this - and you’ll instantly be sporting that ‘too-cool-for-you’ vibe!
2. Long Sleeve With Jeans
Seriously though, is there anything that a pair of jeans doesn’t look good with? Classic blue denim for men is our all-time favorite and with good reason. Let’s see how they can be styled with long-sleeved tees.
- Put that distressed denim for men to good use with a pair of white sneakers and a long-sleeved t-shirt! We love ours with pockets so that we can appear a little more nonchalant while we’re walking down the street.
- Even if it’s not cold outside, ain’t nobody stopping you from wearing that muffler or woolen scarf! Flaunt it with confidence and don’t let the confused stares bother you. Nothing like a pair of suede boots to finish the look.
- Heading out to meet the boys? Wear a long-sleeved t-shirt in a subtle color, add a classy watch to the mix, a pair of sunnies to throw some shade and of course - loafers!
3. Long Sleeve T-Shirts With Dark Denim
Yes, we’re still on denim but we’re making it grunge this time. Dark-washed jeans are the ultimate heroes and with the right t-shirt, they cross new levels of ‘fashionable’. Read on to know how you can style them!
- If you trust us, then trust this - women love guys in beanies! They say so themselves. All the time. To all their girlfriends. Take the hint and put on a beanie the next time you head out in a long-sleeved tee. Keep it classy with denim for men. (The darker the better!)
- Okay, since we do know a thing or two about women, we know this too. They also love it when men wear pink, mostly because it breaks the stereotype. And everyone loves a rebel, right? If not pink, then any other pastel hue will do too. Don’t forget the white sneakers and dark types of denim to create contrast though!
- Stripes and low-waist jeans are always in fashion. Give them a shot by getting yourself striped long sleeve t-shirts for men. Add a leather belt with an oversized buckle to complete the look!
4. Long Sleeve T-Shirts With Joggers
Apart from tees, there’s one other closet piece that has been all the rage lately, and that’s men’s joggers! From being loungewear favorites to then taking over global runways, joggers have seen and done it all. To style them perfectly for long sleeve t-shirt outfits, read below.
- Men are naturally more inclined towards fitness and can keep up a routine quite effortlessly due to their love for an adrenaline rush. So if you’re headed to the gym, then just slip into a pair of men’s joggers with your most-loved black t-shirt, provided it’s the right material. Finish your look with a cool duffle bag.
- Give printed joggers a chance too; we promise they won’t disappoint. You can go for camouflaged ones or maybe even pinstripes. Wear them with a long-sleeved t-shirt in a neutral color and you’ve got yourself a date night outfit, especially when you’re choosing to stay in!
- There is nothing better than men’s joggers for road trips as they establish the right balance between comfort and style. All you need to finish this look is a pair of sunglasses and a long-sleeved t-shirt.
5. Long Sleeve T-Shirt With Shorts
Shorts are the number one way to stay cool, classy, and comfy - but so are t-shirts. It isn’t acceptable to wear them to work, but they make for great companions on leisure trips and weekend hangouts. Here’s how to style them with men’s t-shirts having long sleeves!
- Wear a pair of white shorts with a bold-hued t-shirt, preferably with a print if you’re vacationing in the outdoors or sightseeing. You can finish with trainers or sneakers, whatever’s comfier.
- If you’re aiming for a country-meets-city look, then a hat with long sleeve t-shirts for men, football socks, and sneakers, along with a pair of shorts will be just right!
- You can even wear shorts and long-sleeved t-shirts for a soccer game with the guys! Make sure it’s jersey material or at least nylon though.
6. Long Sleeve T-Shirts With Blazer/Coat
Did you know that if styled right, then long sleeve t-shirt outfits work great for your workplace too? Dress code or no dress code, it’s fairly easy to incorporate a crisp long-sleeved tee into your office-centric wardrobe. We have some ideas on how you can achieve this feat!
- With cargo pants no longer being cringeworthy, choose to pair the fitted ones with a long-sleeved t-shirt and your blazer buttoned-up in the middle. To make it more ‘work’ and less ‘play’, go for Oxford shoes or brogues.
- No, airport looks aren’t just about athleisure - especially when you’re expected to get down to business shortly after you land. So we say - make it sharp but make it fun! Wear a blazer with a long-sleeved tee, clean wash jeans, and dress shoes to make a lasting impression on your clients.
- For the ultimate English guy look, nothing better than a monochrome #OOTD for work. We’re talking high-waisted dress pants, a long-sleeved t-shirt tucked in, a blazer to top it off and Oxford shoes of course.
Choosing Between a Short-Sleeve and Long-Sleeve Shirt
Now for the million-dollar question: Should you choose a short-sleeve or a long-sleeve dress shirt? Well, there’s no easy answer to this question, as each style offers its own unique advantages. Some men prefer short-sleeve dress shirts, whereas others prefer long-sleeve dress shirts.
With that said, it’s important to note that long-sleeve dress shirts are significantly more formal than short-sleeve dress shirts. If you’re planning to wear a suit or any other formal outfit, you should probably choose a long-sleeve dress shirt for this reason. As long as it’s made of high-quality material and features the right color or colors, it will play a key role in creating an attractive formal outfit.
| How to Style Men Undercut Hairstyle: Step-By-Step Guide |
Undercut is one of most popular and favorite haircut nowadays, and create a modern, handsome look for men. Here is what undercut is, and how ...
| 10 Hottest Hairstyles For Women In 2022 for You to Try |
Take a look at our suggestion and style your hair to become to most fashionable in 2022 with Top 10 Hottest Hairstyles For Women In ...
| Top 10 Hairstyles Set To be the Hot Trend In 2022 |
What hairstyle will dominate 2022? Curtain bangs, shag, bob or any new name? Take a look at our top 10 hairstyles set to trend in ...