Birthday Present: Best Handmade Gifts for your Grandparents
|Handmade birthday gifts for grandparents. Photo: Crafty Morning|
Hand-made gifts for grandma
- Handmade Photo Bracelet – This is adorable and any grandmother would love to see their grand babies where ever they go.
- Ceramic Flower Dishes – Grandma’s will love these homemade dishes to put their keys or candy in!
- Tea Wreath Gift– If grandma loves her tea, make a pretty wreath for her to enjoy in the kitchen!
- Watering Can Photo Gift – This gift is for a gardener and it’s very special because the grand kids photos are inside the flowers.
|Birthday gifts for grandparents. Photo: Crafty Morning|
- Love Grows Here Plate – Have your kids dip their hands in paint to make cute little flowers on a plate she can display.
- DIY Tile Coasters – You can make your own photo coasters and wrap them in a ribbon for grandma!
- Grandma Photo Blocks – These wooden photo blocks are darling that say “Some of my greatest blessings call me grandma”
- Grandma Milk Tin– Make your own personalized milk tin with vinyl lettering.
Besides, kids can choose to make these simple DIY gifts for grandma
Kids can make Grandma an evergreen yarn bouquet to symbolize their everlasting love. Start by placing a green pipe cleaner parallel with the tines of a fork so that it extends 3 inches above the tines. Wrap yarn perpendicularly around all the tines. Fold the 3-inch section of pipe cleaner down over the yarn, slide everything off the fork, and wrap the two pieces of pipe cleaner together. Carefully cut the wrapped yarn and trim any scraggly ends. Repeat as desired. Wrap stems together with a length of ribbon, as suggested by Country Living.
Fabric Covered Paper Weight
Make Grandma's desk pretty with a personalized paperweight. Start by cutting fabric into strips. Adhere to a small rock (2 to 3 inches) with glossy Mod Podge. Cut an initial and a heart from felt and adhere to the top of the rock. Allow to dry completely.
Flower Petal Change Bowl
We know grandmas love all things organization, so what’s better than a handmade bowl that she can use to corral loose change. To create your sculpture, use Sculpey (or another oven baked clay) to form a large flower petal. Form a smaller petal and press it into the center of the larger petal. Place plastic beads in bottom of the bowl. Bake, per package instructions, to melt plastic and harden clay.
Give a plain lampshade a nostalgic look by adhering family photos to the outside. The finished product will instantly become a cherished family heirloom.
|Grandpa gift ideas. Photo: Crafty Morning|
Hand-made gifts for grandpa
- Grandpa’s Stache Jar – Decorate a jar with vinyl and fill it with grandpa’s favorite candy.
- Kids handprint Card – Scroll down passed the cake and you’ll find this adorable card saying “My fingers may be small but I can still wrap my grandpa around them” awww…it would be great to frame it, Crafty Morning cites.
- Interchangeable Blocks – I LOVE this idea! Grandpa can keep these blocks on his desk at work or in the office to be reminded of his grandchildren.
- Handprint T-Shirt – On the front of the T-shirt write “Grandpa deserves a pat on the back” and have the kids stamp their handprints on the back! Adorable!
|Gifts for grandpa. Photo: Crafty Morning|
- Wood Letter Grandchildren Photo – Have each of the grandkids hold a letter that spells “grandpa” “papa” “pops” etc!
- Best Dads Get Promoted to Grandpa– What a meaningful keepsake! Frame a photo of grandpa holding their grandchild.
- Lucky as Can Be Photos – This framed gift says “I’m as lucky as can be…the best papa in the world belongs to me!” with a handprint, footprint, and a photo.
|Cute gifts for your grandpa. Photo: Crafty Morning|
- Custom Golf Balls – If grandpa is a golfer, have the kids decorate white golf balls with colored sharpies – so cute!
- We Love Grandpa Canvas – Have your kids stamp their hand and foot on a white canvas, then write “We Love Grandpa” using the letters O and V as the prints! (no source on Pinterest)
- Footprint Deer Canvas– “Papa, you are deer to us doe-n’t you know” Cute idea for a grandpa who hunts!
- Handprint Stamped Baseball – What a great keepsake when the kids are little
|DIY Mugs. Photo: The realistic Mama|
Hand-made gifts for both grandma and grandpa
- DIY Photo Keychains– Using modge podge you can make customized keychains for grandma and grandpa.
- Handprint Family Tree Card – Frame this kids handprint card that says “i’m so happy you’re in my family tree!”
- Glass Magnets– These magnets would be adorable to have their grand kid’s faces in them to put on the fridge.
- Grandparent Photo Display– Make your own picture display using wood and clothespins to hang up the grandkids photos, Crafty Morning suggested.
|Happy birthday: Best wishes and quotes for your boyfriend |
Happy birthday: Ladies and girls, have you ever been wanting to put into words some special sentiments for your greatest partner in your life - ...
|7 unique birthday gifts that a girlfriend actually wants |
For couples, gifting can be especially enjoyable. You know what your partner loves, what small daily annoyances of theirs that you can solve with a ...
|Happy birthday: Best wishes and great quotes for friends |
Happy birthday: Have you ever been wanting to put into words some special sentiments for your close friends who are always by your side when ...