10 Largest Online Learning Platforms In The World
|Top 10 Largest Online Learning Platforms In The World|
If you’re aiming to learn some new marketable skills or just want to explore a topic for fun, online learning platforms are a great and easily accessible resource for learning on your own schedule. As an alternative to online colleges, these platforms tend to be a little more flexible and may even offer more specific or unusual classes you wouldn’t find at a traditional college, but it’s important that prospective students compare their options to find what’s best for them.
Here are our recommendations for the best online learning platforms, so that you can sign up today.
What are Online Learning Platforms?
E-Learning, distance education, online learning, are some of the names given to this form of teaching that is gaining more and more space and followers.
The advantages that online classes offer, such as flexibility of time, location, and learning time, meet the needs generated by the lifestyle of most people, in which there is less time to get to a classroom and fulfill fixed schedules.
This reality puts in focus a tool called Learning Management System (LMS), an eLearning platform used for distance education.
There are different types of online learning platforms:
- Learning Destination Sites: An LDS is a site where many different course creators offer their learning material. It’s sort of like Amazon, only for online education. You can choose the topics and instructors that sound appealing to you and sign up for an individual course based on your preferences. Programs offered through an LDS are typically self-paced.
- Learning Management Systems: An LMS is software used internally within a specific organization or institution. Every school or university may have a different LMS platform based on the type of courses they offer (the most popular probably being Blackboard). It can be accessed online like an LDS, or an application that you need to download and install on your computer.
The course creation is, in this case, in the hands of the professors or anyone else who teaches in that organization or institution.
- Learning Management Ecosystems: A learning ecosystem is an extensive online learning tool that encompasses several software solutions, such as adaptive learning engines, learning content management features, course authoring software, tools for assessment, and more. LMEs are usually reserved for large organizations, schools, or universities that offer many online degree programs and learning resources.
How to Use an Online Learning Platform
Using an online training platform should be no different than logging onto a social network. You will have to sign up with a username or email and password.
Check whether you have live lectures to attend at specific times. If not, your entire course material may be available to you to watch or listen to at your own pace. Live lectures may be conducted through the course platform, or organized on a different application, such as Skype or Zoom.
Make sure to confer with your professor or educator about completing assignments. This can be done through the learning platform itself, video conferencing, submitting assignments by email, or some other way. If you have deadlines to complete your coursework, it will all likely be outlined in the platform, but it wouldn’t hurt to contact the instructor just in case.
What Are The Largest Online Learning Platforms?
7. Academy of Mine
Top 10 Largest Online Learning Platform In The World
Are you looking for a platform that can complement course content with immense social learning and high interaction? Are you looking for a white label solution? Stop your search right now and take a look at the impressive features of LearnWorlds. The platform’s premium positioning has worked wonders all these years. There are many impressive features such as tools to build sales pages, simulators, intelligent sales engines, advanced analytics, etc. They certainly deserve premium positioning.
LearnWorlds is a very good option. But be sure to do the math—the platform charges $5 per sale and monthly subscriptions start from $24 per month.
- It is very easy to set up and create courses.
- It does not require any technical skills to use.
- It comes with built-in course authoring capabilities.
- It offers a modern and customizable course player.
- It offers a state-of-the-art website builder.
- It has built-in e-commerce, marketing, and affiliate features.
- It includes a variety of learning tools & assessment engines.
- It offers a robust prerequisites system.
- It comes with a built-in online community and discussion.
- It supports SCORM and HTML5 files.
- It offers responsive 24/7 customer support with onboarding for new customers.
- It has no pre-built sales funnels.
- It has limited gamification options (badges only).
- It does not support TinCan.
- It offers limited email marketing capabilities.
I have been a course instructor on Thinkific for quite some time. It’s an amazing platform for 35000 + content creators who are looking to brand and sell courses. If you are looking to grow your audience quickly, you should bet your chances on Thinkific. I have seen many business savvy and smart personalities having trouble in designing and scaling their courses on other platforms. By all means, Thinkific is a top-class exception. Prospects have little trouble in building, launching, scaling, and marketing their courses.
- It includes a landing page builder.
- It offers built-in sales and marketing tools.
- It has various integrations with popular software.
- It is a cloud-hosted platform you can connect your domain with.
- It has a white-label option.
- It has 24/7 support.
- It offers limited control over website design.
- It can be difficult to build complex courses.
- It does not support SCORM, TinCan, or AICC.
- It doesn’t include social features.
- It focuses more on sales features rather than learning.
Free to join with limited functionality. It offers a 30-day free trial on the Pro plan.
Subscription plans include:
- Free plan: $0/month (limited functionality)
- Basic plan: $49/month
- Pro plan: $99/month
- Premier plan: $499/month
No doubt, Udemy is a great online training platform. But there is little autonomy for instructors. For instance, Udemy doesn’t let instructors control the branding and pricing of courses. Also, instructors know little about students. Teachable capitalized on all such limitations.
Today, Teachable has more than 3 million students, 7500 instructors, and 20000 courses. The numbers are getting bigger and better. Instructors should pay a monthly fee to access this platform.
To attract prospects, this eLearning platform gives a free eBook that clearly explains aspects such as course creation, video creation, slides presentation, etc.
- It has a simple and easy-to-use course authoring with quiz capabilities.
- It has a landing page editor and blogging capabilities.
- It comes with built-in eCommerce features.
- It includes built-in affiliate, marketing, and sales tools.
- It comes with a built-in email marketing tool.
- It offers an app that is common to all schools.
- Its learning/teaching and assessment capabilities are limited.
- It does not support SCORM or TinCan.
- It offers limited customization options on landing pages and branding.
- It has no social or community-building features.
- Its customer support is not very responsive.
- It has limited white-labeling options. e.g.sign ins and emails cannot be white-labeled.
Teachable has the following pricing options:
- Basic plan: $39/month (plus 5% transaction fee)
- Professional plan: $119/month
- Business plan: $299/month
Kajabi is the best high-end course builder tailored toward the information business, not tiny course creators.
It’s best when it comes to email marketing automation. Automation is a crucial component of pre-sale, pre-webinar, drip course, and upsell emails – and Kajabi does it best.
Their “Pipelines” feature lets you create fully-automated marketing campaigns and funnels. These are pre-built frameworks for lead generation, with pre-written copy optimized for conversions.
It also features powerful course site themes, the ability to sell digital products, a customizable checkout, and blogging functionality.
Overall, it’s the best high-end course platform with more built-in tools and features, but it costs a little more than others on the list.
- Best all-in-one software for a true information business.
- Wistia video hosting is excellent.
- Major focus on sales and marketing tools.
- More built-in tools than other platforms.
- Can offer monthly recurring subscriptions.
- Integrated with Stripe and PayPal.
- Big names use Kajabi, including Amy Porterfield.
- It can be difficult to set up.
- It has expensive pricing options.
- It offers limited control over website design.
- It doesn’t offer many learning features and focuses more on small digital product sales.
Kajabi pricing is mainly based on the number of courses and active members you have:
- Basic ($119/month): 1 website, 1 admin, 3 products, 3 pipelines, 10,000 contacts, and 1,000 active members.
- Growth ($119/month): 1 website, 10 admins, 15 products, 15 pipelines, 25,000 contacts, 10,000 active members.
- Pro ($319/month): 3 websites, 25 admins, 100 products, 100 pipelines, 100,000 contacts, and 20,000 active members.
Podia is an online learning platform that makes creating and selling online courses, memberships, and other digital products an easy task. Podia offers a rich resources library and free tools for entrepreneurs who want to build their online store, school, or website.
- It is very easy and simple to use
- It has sales page customization options.
- It offers affiliate marketing options within the platform.
- It allows you to have your own membership subscription.
- It doesn’t offer a community area on the platform.
- It lacks learning tools like grading, assessment/assignments, and certificates.
- It does not support SCORM or TinCan.
- It is very limited in its capabilities, suiting smaller video-based learning, coaching, and downloadables only.
- There are no white-label options.
It offers a 14-day free trial.
Subscription pricing plans include:
- Mover: $39/month
- Shaker: $79/month
| Top 20 Free Online Education Sites In The World |
Online classes are the perfect way for most to continue their education. Here are the top 20 of the best online learning sites that offer ...
WizIQ is yet another established name in the eLearning industry. For all intents and purposes, this online teaching software has been the go-to tool for instructors to deliver live and on-demand webinars. It is equipped with enough provisions such as slides, desktop sharing tools, audio, video, etc. WizIQ is very common among academic course content creators. It’s effortlessly easy to create courses and publish them on WizIQ online marketplace. By the way, WizIQ is known to provide a host of plug-ins for popular learning management software such as Moodle, Sakai, etc.
- It offers e-learning reporting and analytics.
- It provides the opportunity to teach in a virtual classroom.
- It has a mobile app (mLearning) that is available on Apple and Android
- It comes with course authoring with test and assessment capabilities.
- It has eCommerce features.
- It offers a white label option.
- It does not support SCORM or TinCan.
- There are no gamification options.
- Its customer support representatives are difficult to reach after setup (based on online reviews).
7. Academy of Mine
As the name suggests, Academy of Mine lets you start your own online academy. If you are looking for a drag-and-drop solution that can save you a lot of time, Academy of Mine scores brownie points. This online teaching software is power-packed with an amazing administrative interface. The learning curve is somewhat steep. That said, if you climb up the curve, you can leverage all its powerful features.
- It supports SCORM.
- Its support team is very responsive.
- It comes with a flexible website builder.
- It needs a lot of work to customize the site.
- It only offers a few video guides to help you learn how to work with the platform.
- Its price is very high.
Academy Of Mine comes with a free trial but has no free version and its pricing starts at $9,997 per year.
|Largest Online Education|
Educadium is on an ambitious mission to assist entrepreneurs and organizations of all sizes to create, manage and profit from online teaching and training through its EasyCampus platform. It has a plethora of features ranging from course designing to course publishing. You should check its trial version to get an idea of this online training platform. Subsequently, choose your subscription package.
Great support - responsive and helpful. Good price for a startup like mine, and then we can grow together. (Although the jump from $29/250 users to $145/2500 users is a big one - Pretty intuitive.
Documentation isn't the greatest. The full Campus guide is a little unwieldy, so you need something in between.
Starting Price: $99.00/month
Free Version: Free Version available.
Free Trial: Free Trial available.
Looking to turn your blog into a profitable business? Try CourseCraft. Its editor is flexible, simple and powerful enough to create different types of courses. It’s integrated with Stripe and PayPal payment processors. Creating quizzes, lessons and forums is just a matter of few precious minutes. Instructors can run discounts and offers. Students can collaborate with friends and instructors and create a big knowledge ecosystem. It has great custom branding features.
- Flexibility and ease of use – the control panel is intuitive, and you receive excellent customer service
- Aesthetics – the editor allows you to make beautiful, professional-looking pages to help you better sell your course
- The platform houses all your media, including PDFs, audio files, images, and downloads
- Easy integration with your website or blog
- Simple and straightforward signup process and you can even do it for free
- The premium version of CourseCraft is more costly than other competitors
- You can expect occasional software inconveniences, which causes the site to run slower
There are three CourseCraft pricing options: Free, Club, and Society. The free plan gets your course creation process started, but it limits you to 100 participants per course. It also gives you up to 60 minutes of video and up to 2 GB in file uploads for each course. Any limitations within the free pricing package are unlimited in the other two.
Mindvalley is one of the best personal growth and transformation platforms. Its goal is to help students succeed at work while also unlocking the full potential of their body, mind, and spirit. Mindvalley is best suitable for people who want to improve different areas of their life in a short period of time.
There are over 50 courses (or quests) in Mindvalley's library, taught by top experts in the fields of expertise: CEOs of large companies, best-selling authors, celebrity coaches, famous therapists and entrepreneurs, and international speakers. The quests are divided into different categories: Mind, Body, Soul, Career, Entrepreneurship, Relationships, Kids, Teens and Parenting, and Performance.
Each quest lasts 30 to 50 days, and it usually takes less than 20 minutes a day to complete a video-based lesson and a practice exercise.
- So much content. With 30+ courses that each run about a month, you’ll have a hard time exhausting the content available through Mindvalley.
- Quality of production. Mindvalley courses have very high-gloss videos that are easily accessible from multiple devices. Think Netflix streaming, not random Youtuber.
- Bite-sized content. Mindvalley isn’t for binging. It’s for digesting. I think that the small-sized lessons help everybody learn a little better.
- The Mindvalley Membership is a good deal. The annual subscription takes $1000 worth of classes and turns it into a $499 yearly pass. That’s a good bargain.
- You can’t binge it all at once. Some people want to plow through a class in the afternoon. Mindvalley isn’t set up for that type of learning.
- The content can stray from scientific principles. I’m all for being open-minded, but you should be aware that Mindvalley takes the cart off the path from time to time. They sometimes will suggest something is “scientifically proven” without actually proving it. This frustrated me.
- Mindvalley is expensive. Yes, having an annual membership really makes the whole platform much more affordable than buying singles classes, but it’s a lot higher than others like MasterClass or Skillshare.
Mindvalley All Access Membership(includes unlimited access to 50+ courses) - $499/year
Mindvalley Membership Pro ( includes everything that Mindvalley Membership does plus Exclusive Peer Mastermind Groups and Monthly Group Coaching with Vishen and Special Guests) - $999/year
Mindvalley Individual Courses - $199-$499/quest
Benefits of Online Learning
It’s easy to see how learning online can be advantageous, offering a number of benefits including:
Like all things, there are potential downsides as well depending on your unique situation, and many wonder about the differences between face-to-face and online learning.
| What Are Advantages & Disadvantages of Online Learning? |
Online learning is a part of many institutions' course offerings around the world. But, do you know the advantages and disadvantages of online learning?
| What Is Online Education and Changes from The Covid-19 Pandemic? |
If you are new to online learning, you might be wondering what it is and how it works and how does it changes from the ...
| 10 Best Online Learning Platforms For Kids In The World |
Onlien learning is becoming popular in the time of COVID-19. What are the best online learning platforms for your kids in the world?