World Compliment Day: History, Celebrations, Best Quotes and Massages
|World Compliment Day. Photo: Declare-beauty|
According to the official website of the unofficial holiday, Poortvliet created the day as a way to spread happiness and increase productivity. The website encourages people to use words instead of gifts as a way to praise and appreciate people. The idea is to create the “most positive day in the world.”
What is World Compliment Day?
In the global initiative to create the most positive day in the world, World Compliment Day is celebrated every March 1 to spread joy through simple verbal affirmations of appreciation. With less focus on providing material representations of appreciation, this day is meant to cost absolutely nothing at all, so everyone can participate!
Giving a compliment is easy, whether it’s telling someone you like their shoes, or letting them know they’re doing a great job — whatever it is, it can change someone’s whole day around. So this day is a reminder to vocalize your positive thoughts and watch them light up a room, Nationaltoday noted.
History of World Compliment Day
|World Compliment Day. Photo: Keepincalendar|
|This creative day was originated by Hans Poortvliet, a recognition professional in the Netherlands. In the early 2000s, after he started the initiative in his own country, the success of it made him wonder if making it worldwide instead of just national would eventually turn it into “The Most Positive Day in The World”.|
Of course, this is a lofty goal, but Mr. Poortvliet feels that if every person took the time to sincerely offer a compliment to three people in their life, each town, city and country on the globe would be much closer to the goal.
The great news is that this is a day that everyone can take part in fully. On his website (worldcomplimentday.info), Mr. Poortvliet urges the compliments and notes of appreciation be in words only, not in gifts. This means that anyone and everyone can afford to take part, because the only thing it costs is a little bit of intention. Unlike commercialized days, this one is completely free and can fit into any budget, Daysoftheyear sited.
Best quotes & messages for World Compliment Day
|World Compliment Day. Photo: Timeanddate|
1. "You're beautiful. Yes, you are, you're very very beautiful. Extremely beautiful." — Orson Welles
2. “Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
3. “Try your hardest to be confident in who you are. You are enough — you are beautiful.” — Meagan Tandy
4. “If you held up 11 roses in front of the mirror, you'd be looking at 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.” — Unknown
5. “Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever. In my eyes, in my words and in everything I do.” — West Side Story
6. “Your soul is beautiful.” — Unknown
7. “Some people are radiators — they make you feel warm when you’re around them.” — Unknown
8. “I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path.” — Andre Gide
9. “When I see you, everything else within the frame falls away.” — Unknown
10. "Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself." — Oscar de la Renta, Yourtango reported.
|World Compliment Day. Photo: Vectorstock|
1. Warm wishes on World Compliment Day to you my dear. Don’t lose on the chance to compliment people around you.
2. This world doesn’t need gifts but this world certainly needs few words of appreciation and genuine compliments. Happy World Compliment Day to you.
3. On the occasion of World Compliment Day, let us make it a special day for all those who deserve to be complimented. Wishing a very Happy World Compliment Day to everyone.
4. A true compliment can make a person feel so much happy and good. Let us celebrate World Compliment Day with the compliments that come right from our hearts.
5. When we compliment someone, we actually acknowledge and appreciate the good they have done. Warm wishes on World Compliment Day to all.
6. The occasion of World Compliment Day is all about spreading positivity by appreciating people for the good they are doing. Happy World Compliment Day.
7. A few words of appreciation and compliment can make this world a much better place to be in. Wishing a very Happy World Compliment Day to you.
8. When you compliment someone for the good they have done, you are actually encouraging them in a special. Warm greetings on World Compliment Day.
9. Let us make it a special World Compliment Day for people around us who have done something good in a big or a small way. A very Happy World Compliment Day.
10. Never hesitate in giving a compliment because it can mean so much more to someone around you. Warm greeting on the occasion of World Compliment Day to you my dear.
* Click the links given below for more related information:
| What is Ash Wednesday: Founders, Meaning, Celebrations and Do's and Don'ts |
Ash Wednesday is hear. On this day, lent will begin, which is the first of 40 days of fasting, prayer and charitable acts observed by ...
| Hug Day: Celebrations, Best Romantic Messages, Quotes and GIFs |
Hug Day (February 12) is celebrated in the week of Valentine’s Day with some meaningful activities. However, hugging someone duirng the Covid-19 lockdown is something ...
| World Thingking Day (February 22): History, Celebrations, International Aspects and more |
World Thinking Day, formerly Thinking Day, is celebrated annually on 22 February. This year, a variety of plans are prepared to celebrate this special and ...