Top 5 Interesting Facts about Qatar
|Discover interesting things about Qatar, the host country of the World Cup 2022|
1.Generous and Hospitable
The Bedouin tribes live in the desert and are famous for their hospitality, treating guests as a sacred honor and duty. Traditionally, the Bedouins were willing to take the last grain of rice and the meat of the family lamb to treat guests, even strangers. This culture is deeply ingrained in the society and instilled in Qatar.
Treats Coffee and sweets are also taken care of, showing hospitality. The cuisine in Qatar is also very rich and unique, with influences over the years from India, Iran, the Levant and North Africa.
2.Resorts and Beaches
Qatar has many great resorts, where visitors can relax to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Sealine Beach Resort is one of the great resorts, located in the most beautiful coastal strip of the capital of Qatar.
Besides, guests can enjoy their time at Al Ghariya resort, which has many walking areas such as Doha Corniche, the coastal promenade stretching for kilometers along Doha Bay in Qatar's capital. It is known that the Doha Corniche is one of the most important tourist attractions in Doha.
|Doha Corniche - Luxury, famous resort in Qatar|
3.Islands and Water Sports
With its geographical location, rich marine life and crystal clear waters, Qatar is an ideal destination for water sports lovers. Here guests can enjoy fishing trips, boating, water skiing, kitesurfing, paragliding and scuba diving to see shipwrecks or coral reefs. Qatar also has a number of unique islands such as Palm Island, the man-made Pearl Island and the Zekreet peninsula, which have picturesque beaches and amazing natural rock formations.
4.Historic Sites and Castles
Visitors interested in archeology and antiques can admire many of Qatar's historic sites, such as the UNESCO world heritage site Al Zubarah, which features unique forts. There is also the Museum of Islamic Art, Katara Cultural Village and Souq Waqif, all of which are among the most popular tourist attractions in Qatar. The 2022 World Cup host country is also home to a number of ancient fortresses that are used as military or civilian bases, such as Fort Doha, Barzan Tower and Fort Umm Salal.
5.Adventure in the Desert and Dunes
In addition to the spectacular beaches and islands, there are some beautiful deserts and rock formations in Qatar. Visitors can enjoy desert treks, camel rides and camping under the night stars in a Bedouin tent, or can visit Khor Al Udayd, which has beautifully shaped sand dunes. There is also Al Jassasiya, a magnificent stone carving area where visitors can admire some historical sculptures.
Fast Facts About the 2022 FIFA World Cup
• Qatar is the smallest country to host the World Cup
• First World Cup in a Middle Eastern Country
• First World Cup to not be held in May, June, or July
• Last World Cup to involve 32 teams (Increases to 48 teams in 2026)
• Second World Cup to be held entirely in Asia ( the 2002 World Cup was held in Japan and South Korea)
• Qatar spent $200 billion in infrastructure to prepare for the games.
• 8 stadiums will host the games which are the fewest of any World Cup
• 7 of the 8 stadiums were newly constructed for the games
• The sole existing stadium was renovated
• First-ever Winter World Cup
• For the first time, four World Cup matches will take place on Thanksgiving
• Due to Qatar's extreme daytime heat, this is the first time a host country will have fully air-conditioned stadiums
• A trio of women will make history as the first females to referee a men's World Cup
• The trailblazing referees are Stephanie Frappart (France), Salima Mukansanga (Rwanda), and Yoshimi Yamashita (Japan)
• Russia is banned from this year's tournament following its invasion of Ukraine
• "Hayya Hayya" by Trinidad Cardona, Davido, & Aisha is the official song of the 2022 World Cup. "Hayya Hayya" means "Better Together"
• Wales qualified for the World Cup for the first time since 1958 and Brazil is the only country to have qualified for every Wolrd Cup
• Squad Up: Teams are composed of a 26-man roster instead of the usual 23
| World Cup 2022 Full Fixtures of 64 Matches - Updated |
Discover Qatar 2022 World Cup with the updated full fixture dates, kick-off times, full match schedule, team news everyday for all 64 mathes.
| How Many Asian Countries Will Be in the 2022 World Cup? |
The 2022 World Cup will be the first time that Asian football has 6 teams participating in the finals including Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, ...