Top 12 Amazing Facts about Pepsi You May not Know
|Pepsi. Photo: Stunning fun|
As for the self-titled drink (without the Co, of course), Pepsi is one of the most iconic American products to date. Ever heard about Nobby's Nuts, Mountain Dew and Doritos? Guess who they belong to - that's right, to PepsiCo! Alright, let's check out some of the craziest facts about Pepsi!
1. Pepsi was introduced to the market in 1893 as “Brad’s Drink”. The name was retained for the first five years after which it was renamed “Pepsi-Cola” in 1898.
2. The founder of Pepsi-Cola, Caleb Bradham, was a drug store owner. They initially intended the drink for people with digestion problems or stomachache. The name “Pepsi-Cola” was a derivative from pepsin, a digestive enzyme, kola nuts, and vanilla and sugar.
3. Pepsi-Cola became the first company to introduce motorized vehicle delivery for soda-based drinks in 1908. Modernization of the delivery mode from horse-drawn carts to motor vehicles was a huge step for the company.
4. In 1972, Pepsi became the first US product to be marketed and sold in the former Soviet Union store shelves. The precedent was set in 1959 at Moscow trade exhibition where Nikita Khrushchev tested the soda and liked it, according to Pepsiyouniverse.
5. Like most global brands, Pepsi has experimented with different formulas in different markets around the world, and has also sold limited edition flavors during holidays and other special events. In Japan, Pepsi flavors have included azuki bean, strawberry milk, shiso, cucumber, baobao tree fruit, yogurt, salty watermelon and sakura (blossoms of a cherry tree).
|Pepsi in Japan. Photo: Justfunfacts|
6. PepsiCo has produced a number of variations on its primary cola, Pepsi, over the years including: Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Crystal Pepsi, Caffeine-Free Pepsi, Pepsi-Cola Made with Real Sugar, Pepsi Vanilla, Pepsi Zero Sugar, Pepsi Next.
7. PepsiCo is known to "hire" the biggest celebrities for advertisement, including Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and others, not to mention David Beckham and Messi - soccer legends, according to Stunning fun.
8. PepsiCo could have ended in World War I. Bradham’s gamble to stock sugar after prices rose in the hope that the trend would continue backfired as the commodity’s prices fell eventually. In 1923, Bradham declared bankruptcy and eight years later, Loft Candy bought the company.
9. There has been a total of 11 logo changes and modifications since the company was created.
|Pepsi's logos. Photo: Justfunfacts|
10. Pepsi-Cola became the first brand to advertise via the skywriting mode. It did so at the New York’s World Fair in 1939.
11. In 1972, Pepsi became the first US product to be marketed and sold in the former Soviet Union store shelves. The precedent was set in 1959 at Moscow trade exhibition where Nikita Khrushchev tested the soda and liked it.
12. The Pepsi colors; red, white and blue, were introduced to represent the American flag. It was launched in the Second World War to support the American troops and the war effort.
What About the company - Pepsi-Cola
In 1965, Donald Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, and Herman Lay, the CEO of Frito-Lay, recognized what they called “a marriage made in heaven,” a single company delivering perfectly-salty snacks served alongside the best cola on earth. Their vision led to what quickly became one of the world's leading food and beverage companies: PepsiCo.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $67 billion in net revenue in 2019, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 23 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
|Top 17 interesting facts about Australia |
Top 17 interesting: Think you've heard a lot about Australia? There is something more about this interesting continent. Below are 17 little gems that might ...
|17 interesting Facts About Russia That You Might Not Know |
17 interesting Facts: Russia which is the largest country in the world is a transcontinental country located in Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. Factretriever states ...
|Top 17 Amazing Facts about the USA |
Top 17 Amazing things about the USA: Are you looking for interesting facts about the USA which is one of the biggest and wealthiest countries ...