How to Say 'THANK YOU' in Most Spoken Languages in the World
|"Thank You" in Different Languages. Photo: 123RF.com|
Saying a simple thank you can mean a lot to the recipient, even more when the gratitude comes from a co-worker. Having a colleague or manager say a simple thank you can be a very motivating force.
So with this in mind, Knowinsider.com collated 50 different ways on how to say thank you – see how you go pronouncing these over the coming months.
1. Afrikaans: dankie
2. Albanian: faleminderit
3. Arabic: shukran (shoe-kran)
4. Armenian: Շնորհակալություն / chnorakaloutioun
5. Bosnian: hvala (HVAH-lah)
6. Bulgarian: благодаря / blagodaria
7. Catalan: gràcies (GRAH-syuhs)
8. Cantonese: M̀h’gōi
9. Czech: děkuji (Dyekooyih)
10. Chinese: xiexie (shye-shye)
11. Croatian: hvala (HVAH-lah)
12. Danish: tak (tahg)
13. Dutch: dank u (dahnk u)
14. Estonian: tänan (TA-nahn)
15. Finnish: kiitos (key-toss)
16. French: merci (MEHR-see)
17. German: danke (dahn-kah)
18. Greek: efharisto (ef-hah-rees-TOH)
19. Hawaiian: mahalo (ma-HA-lo)
20. Hebrew: .תודה / todah (toh-DAH)
21. Hindi: dhanyavād / shukriya
22. Hungarian: köszönöm (KØ-sø-nøm)
23. Icelandic: takk (tahk)
24. Indonesian: terima kasih (Tur-EE-mah KAH-see)
25. Italian: grazie (GRAHTS-yeh)
26. Japanese: arigato (ah-ree-GAH-toh)
27. Korean: kamsahamnida (KAM-sah-ham-NEE-da)
28. Latvian: paldies (PUHL-dyehs)
29. Lebanese: choukrane
30. Lithuanian: ačiū (AH-choo)
31. Malay: terima kasih (TREE-muh KAH-seh)
32. Maltese: grazzi (GRUTS-ee)
33. Mongolian: Баярлалаа (bayarlalaa)
34. Norwegian: takk (tahk)
35. Polish: dziękuję (Jenkoo-yen)
36. Portugese: obrigado (oh-bree-GAH-dooh)
37. Romanian: mulţumesc (mool-tzoo-MESK)
38. Russian: spasiba (spuh-SEE-buh)
39. Serbian: xвала / hvala (HVAH-lah)
40. Slovak: Ďakujem (JAH-koo-yehm)
41. Slovenian: hvala (HVAA-lah)
42. Spanish: gracias (GRAH-syahs)
43. Swedish: tack
44. Tagalog: salamat (sa-LAH-mat)
45. Thai: kop khun (cap-coohn)
46. Turkish: teşekkür ederim (teh shek uer eh der eem)
47. Ukrainian: Дякую (DYAH-koo-yoo)
48. Vietnam: cảm ơn (cam-on)
49. Welsh: diolch (DEE-ol’ch)
50. Yiddish: a dank
Make Your Life Better by Saying Thank You in These 7 Situations
1. Say “Thank You” when you're receiving a compliment.
2. Say “Thank You” when you’re running late.
3. Say “Thank You” when you're comforting someone.
4. Say “Thank You” when you're receiving helpful feedback.
5. Say “Thank You” when you're receiving unfair criticism.
6. Say “Thank You” when someone gives you unsolicited advice.
7. Say “Thank You” when you're not sure if you should thank someone.
|What day is 'National Saxophone Day': History and Celebration |
National Saxophone Day commemorates the birth of the woodwind’s inventor, Adolphe Sax, on November 6th. The saxophone is one of the main instruments in jazz ...
|Thanksgiving Day: How to make a Pumpkin Pie |
Thanksgiving Day: A pumpkin pie with a tender, flaky crust and gently spiced pumpkin filling would be a perfect item decorating your upcoming Thanksgiving with ...
|Three simple steps to decorate your own Christmas tree |
Anyone can throw some lights on a tree, but a beautifully decorated Christmas tree can light up the holiday spirit of everyone who sees it. ...