How to Confess to Your Crush Without Making Things Weird
coupleTips to make this confession as painless as possible.
Drop A Few Hints
If you're feeling extra nervous about revealing your feelings, try hinting at your crush and see how they respond. Make eye contact, tease them playfully, or send a flirty text. "It can help diffuse any associated pressure and motivate your crush to consider a relationship with you," says Sullivan.
Give Yourself a Deadline
Hold yourself accountable, Sullivan says. And setting a deadline for yourself to talk to your crush will do just that. Sometimes, your nerves can get the best of you and you might push it off for way too long. If that's the case, don't be afraid to pick a date on your calendar and set that personal deadline. The longer you wait, the more time you give yourself to completely overthink the situation and make things even more awks!
This one is obviously easier said than done, but confidence and clarity will make a complete difference in your convo with your crush. "No one is born an expert at this," Sullivan says. "Even the most seasoned daters have to brace themselves for the potential of rejection."
While it's important to consider the realistic possibilities, you should also keep a positive outlook. Your crush could totally reciprocate and you could live happily ever after (OK, probably not, but it could happen!).
If you don't feel super confident, fake it! Smile, stay calm, and say everything you need to say. "Whether you make the move online or offline, smiling can trick your brain into lowering your heart rate, reducing stress, and boosting your mood," says Sullivan.
Look At The Big Picture
The thought of your crush admitting they don't feel the same way about you can feel AWFUL. But also remember that it is not the end of the world if you face rejection or indifference — life will go on. "Try to see the big picture and scale the problem down to actual size," Sullivan says.
You have your BFFs, family, dog, cat... so many companions to love and be loved by. On to the next.
How to Confess to Your Crush
Write a note and pass it to your crush or make a creative card. Notes are one of the most common and effective ways to confess a crush. It tends to be less awkward than in-person confessions, giving you some space and comfort if the person doesn't feel the same way. Write a short note confessing your crush, and pass it to the person in person, or put it in their locker.
- Make sure your note is hand-written, legible, and relatively short and to the point. It doesn't need to be clever, or overly romantic. Just cut to the chase: "I've always noticed that you seem really sweet, kind, and cute. I'd love to get to know you better, because I really like you."
- When you want to confess to your crush, in person is always better than just over a text, or online. A note is a good balance, because it can be personal, but also gives you some space if you're nervous. If all else fails, having a conversation on the phone, or via Skype is always preferable to texting it.
Introduce the idea without saying anything. In some cases, your actions can make your crush more obvious than saying, "You know, I really like you." If your crush gradually becomes aware that you like them, it'll be more natural and clear than having to say so bluntly.
- Go out of your way to talk to your crush and "accidentally" bump into them in the hallway. Change your routes so you see them regularly, and always make a point of saying hi.
- Always make eye-contact. Don't shy away from it, like you're embarrassed. Make eye contact and smile flirtatiously when you see the person you're crushing on.
- Show an interest in what they do and what they are like. Try to get to know your crush as a friend first, before you confess anything. It may grow naturally.
Ask for help with something. One great way to start a conversation or to get your crush talking is to ask some help with something simple.Depending on who your crush is and what they're like, this can get you into some flirtatious conversations.
- Ask for help with a homework assignment for a class that you're in together. Start with a compliment, like, "You seem so smart in this class. Do you think we could talk a little sometime about this assignment? I need some help."
- Asking for help will make them think respectfully of you, and they'll think you're honest enough to ask for help on something. Also, them helping you will make their overall feelings for you kinder.
- Pretend you lost something. "Hey, have you seen a book around here? I just had it..." When your crush helps out, say, "You're so sweet..."
"Accidentally" slip it out to someone else. In some cases, a rumor started could actually work to your advantage. If you tell a friend that you've got a major crush on someone, and that gets around to a friend of your crush, which gets around to your crush, you might have done the job without really doing anything at all. Then they'll know, and talking will be a lot easier.
- Tell a couple of your friends, and don't be embarrassed about it. If it spreads, you can always deny it later. If you never actually said anything, there'll be no evidence that you did anything embarrassing, or got rejected.
- Never deny it, if you're really interested in someone. Why would you care if someone knew you liked somebody? That's nothing to be embarrassed about.
Find reasons to invite the person out. The scariest thing is not knowing how your crush feels about you. It's a lot easier to confess a crush bluntly if you're pretty sure that your crush likes you back. One great way of figuring this out is to invite your crush to some kind of event, like a party, or an after-school activity, which isn't necessarily a date.
- Keep an eye out for things your crush might enjoy going to: "I know you really like Marvel movies, so I thought you might want to come see the new Iron Man, because my dad gets extra tickets. I was just curious, thought you might appreciate them."
- If your crush gets really excited, or seems really flattered and really wants to go with you, take it as a good sign and take the next step when you get a chance.
Flirt. Be friendly and flirty whenever you get the chance. This can do a whole lot more to communicate a crush than saying so out loud. Talk to your crush the same way you might mess around with your friends, or other people you're comfortable around. Just be yourself.
- Tease your crush in a friendly way. Find funny reasons to let your sense of humor out when you talk to them. Instead of saying, "Hey, how are you today?" say something like, "I'm thinking of organizing a jailbreak from school. Need an accomplice. What do you say? In or out?"
- There's not much romantic about the phrase, "I have a crush on you." Instead of telling someone, make it obvious that you're interested, so it will become unnecessary to say out loud, according to Wikihow.
|(Photo: Travel and Destinations)|
Should You Reveal a Crush?
Take the chance to express your liking while you have the opportunity. Just because you may be an unlikely couple doesn’t mean you should keep your attraction silent. Being nervous or fearing rejection should also be no excuse. I know people who went to high school several decades ago. They had a crush on a classmate but never took the chance to express themselves or ask the person out. You don't want to be one of those regretful souls, do you?
If your crush doesn’t share your romantic interest, at least you will get them out of your system rather than pining away for them, always left to wonder, "What if?" Sure, rejection hurts, but we've all experienced it. You will get over it. Not knowing is so much worse.
| How to make more professional slides on Powerpoint? |
Powerpoint is an assisted tool to draw audience's attention as well as help them keep track of the content of presentation during the presentation. Those ...
| How to Improve Your Microsoft Excel Skills? |
Technology has taken the business world by storm. People and businesses are progressively reliant on the technology world these days. Leaning to improve your Excel ...
| How To Learn Second Language Effectively: 7 steps to immerse yourself in the language |
Want to find out how you can learn a new language quickly, without the need for expensive classes or language learning software? There are really ...