14 Amazing Facts About Lenovo that Impress You
|Facts about Lenovo. Photo: A1facts|
Lenovo Group Ltd. is Chinese international technology company with headquarters in Beijing, China, and Morrisville, North Carolina, U.S. Since it Designs, develops, manufactures and sells personal computers, smartphones, tablet computers, workstations, electronic storage devices, servers, good televisions and IT management software system. In 2015, Lenovo was the world’s largest PC merchant by unit sales.
14 Amazing Facts About Lenovo:
1. Lenovo pay Google an amount of $2.91 billion – $660 million in cash and also US$750 million in Lenovo common shares at the time of closing + $1.5 billion within the sort of a three-year promissory note.
2. In technology sector, It is the biggest-over overseas acquisition by a Chinese company.
3. According to IDC Data, Lenovo was the 4th largest smartphone maker in q4, 2013 and since was the quickest growing smartphone seller among the highest 5 in the year 2013. Motorola acquisition are going to be a big facilitate to the corporate in entering new key markets like U.S. and Europe.
4. Google is keeping over 15,000 Motorola Mobility patents, whereas around 2,000 are going to Lenovo. Lenovo also will get a license for the Motorola patents that Google is holding.
5. According to Lenovo CEO, it’ll be using Motorola Brand in U.S., Latin American and is even thinking about using it in China.
6. Google is additionally holding onto Projects Group from Motorola Mobility, which was involved in Project Ara. Also the Advanced Technology and different fascinating ideas like tattoo security sensors and nutrition authentication pills.
7. Among different acquisitions from U.S., Lenovo had bought IBM’s PC Business in 2005.
8. Since Google originally closed Motorola Mobility acquisition in 2012 for $12.5 billion. After the deal, Google sold Motorola’s set-top box business to Arris Group INC. for $2.24 billion.
9. Lenovo hopes to sell 100 million smartphones in year when closing the Motorola deal.
10. Motorola Mobility’s current portfolio of smartphones include the Moto X and Moto G and DROID Ultra series.
11. Lenovo’s current logo was adopted in 2015. Its design was intended to be representative of the company’s versatility and customer-centric approach to technology
12. In 2014, Lenovo bought Motorola Mobility from Google for $2.91 billion.
13. Lenovo entered a lucrative agreement with Microsoft in 1997.
14. In 1990, Lenovo released the Legend PC, the company’s first self-branded personal computer and its first real success, according to Android Authority.
|Lenovo is China’s largest computer maker and third largest computer company in world behind Dell and Hewlett-Packard. Hence it’s sells one third of the branded computers sold in China and makes computers and computer elements for a number of foreign firms. It had been valued at $15 billion in 2007.|
|5 unknown facts about Nokia |
Nokia which is also known as King of Mobile market has a glorious past that people may not be noticed. Unknown and interesting facts about ...
|10 Amazing Facts about iPhone |
In 1983, Apple computer developer Hartmut Esslinger designed a landline phone that used a stylus-controlled interface. It never saw the light of day. It’s not ...
|Who is Ron Wayne: Unknown Founder of Apple |
Who is Founder of Apple: Aside from Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, there was a third founder of Apple: Ron Wayne. However, he sold his ...