Photo Omonorama
Eagle Romeo Predicts Spain Will Win At World Cup 2022 Match With Costa Rica. Photo Omonorama

The game will start at 4pm GMT, 11am EST and 3am on Thursday for Australian Eastern Time.

Date: Wednesday November 23

Time: 4pm (UK), 11am (US) and 3am on Thursday (Australian Eastern Time)

Eagle Romeo predicts a win for Spain

Photo Youtube
Photo Youtube

The eagle chose Spain! The eagle predicted a victory of big teams at World Cup 2022 such as Germany (a win over Japan), England (a win over Iran), France (a win over Australia) and Argentina (a win over) Saudi Arabia.

Let’s see the prediction on Spain vs Costa Rica is correct or not.

Spain will be bidding to get their World Cup campaign off to the best possible start when they take on Costa Rica in their Group E opener on Wednesday afternoon.

La Roja have found it difficult to impress in their two World Cups since lifting the trophy in 2010, but Costa Rica reached the quarter-final stage of the 2014 competition, which is their best performance in the finals.

Other predictions

Super computer prediction

While Spain’s record in World Cup opening matches is shaky, they should have more than enough quality to get past Costa Rica at Al Thumama Stadium.

According to the supercomputer, Luis Enrique’s side have a 82.7% chance of winning the game, compared to Costa Rica’s 5.4%. There could be a few early nerves from Spain in many of their players’ first World Cup experience, so the 11.9% possibility of the teams drawing is not out of the question.

Sportsmole prediction: Spain 1-0 Costa Rica

This has the potential to be a very uncomfortable match for Spain, and it would certainly not be a shock if the points were shared in this contest. La Roja have been strongly defensively of late, though, and they have enough quality in the final third to score at least once, so we are backing a narrow victory for Enrique's side.

Sportskeeda prediction: Spain 3-1 Costa Rica

Spain have managed their transition admirably under Luis Enrique and now find themselves blessed with a new generation of technically-gifted players. The European giants have named one of the youngest squads in the tournament and will want their starlets to prove their mettle this year.

Costa Rica have held their fair share of big names at bay in the past but have a mountain to climb in this group. Spain are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game with a degree of comfort.

Spain vs Costa Rica: What we should know

These two teams have matched up three previous times, all in friendlies, with Spain winning twice and the third time finishing level. This is the first matchup between the nations in a competitive setting.

Since winning the 2010 World Cup, Spain have not won a single knockout game. They were eliminated in the group stage in 2014 and then were knocked out in the Round of 16 in 2018.

In 2014, Costa Rica topped their group ahead of Uruguay, Italy and England before topping Greece in the Round of 16. They would fall to eventual third-place finishers Netherlands in the quarterfinal on penalties.

Spain vs Costa Rica: Head-to-Head and Key Numbers

Spain have an impressive record against Costa Rica and have won two of the three matches played between the two teams, with the other game ending in a draw.

Spain have never played against Costa Rica at the FIFA World Cup and are unbeaten in their three friendlies against the CONCACAF side.

The three previous games between the two teams have produced a total of 12 goals - an average of four goals per game.Spain have qualified for their 16th World Cup and their 12th in a row - only Brazil, Argentina, and Germany have longer active streaks in this regard.

Spain's World Cup triumph in 2010 was the only time in 13 attempts that the Iberian giants have managed to reach the semi-finals of the competition.

Spain have scored 99 goals in the FIFA World Cup and could score their 100th this week - their first-ever World Cup goal was scored in 1934.

READ MORE: World Cup Prediction – Who are the Likely Winners?

Spain vs Costa Rica: Squad


Goalkeepers: Unai Simon, Robert Sanchez, David Raya

Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Cesar Azpilicueta, Eric Garcia, Hugo Guillamon, Pau Torres, Aymeric Laporte, Jordi Alba, Jose Gaya

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Rodrigo, Gavi, Carlos Soler, Marcos Llorente, Pedri, Koke

Forwards: Ferran Torres, Nico Williams, Yeremy Pino, Alvaro Morata, Marco Asensio, Pablo Sarabia, Dani Olmo, Ansu Fati

Player to watch

Ferran Torres scored four times for Spain in qualifying for the tournament in Qatar, at least twice more than any other player, and Luis Enrique will be hoping the Barcelona forward continues that goalscoring form in this opening match.

Costa Rica

Goalkeepers: Esteban Alvarado, Aaron Cruz, Patrick Sequeira

Defenders: Juan Pablo Vargas, Keysher Fuller, Oscar Duarte, Bryan Oviedo, Francisco Calvo, Kendall Watson, Carlos Martinez, Ronald Matarrita

Midfielders: Celso Borges, Jewison Bennette, Bryan Ruiz, Daniel Chacon, Anthony Hernandez, Douglas Lopez, Youstin Salas, Yeltsin Tejeda, Gerson Torres, Roan Wilson, Alvaro Zamora, Brandon Aguilera

Forwards: Anthony Contreras, Johan Venegas, Joel Campbell

Player to watch: Bryan Ruiz

Ruiz has featured in eight World Cup matches for Costa Rica, the second most of all time behind Christian Bolanos’ nine appearances. If the 37-year-old plays at this tournament, the former Fulham man would become the oldest player to feature for Costa Rica at a World Cup.

World Cup 2022 Grop E Prediction: World Cup 2022 Grop E Prediction: 'Geat War' Spain vs. Germany

The highlight of Group E World Cup 2022 is the confrontation between Spain and Germany, the two world champion teams in 2 of the last ...

World Cup Prediction: Super Turtle and Eage Predict Mexico Will Beat Poland World Cup Prediction: Super Turtle and Eage Predict Mexico Will Beat Poland

Mexico and Poland: which team will win their first match at World Cup 2022? Or a draw is likely to happen. Take a look at ...

Super Animals Predict Argentina Will Beat Saudi Arabia At World Cup 2022 Super Animals Predict Argentina Will Beat Saudi Arabia At World Cup 2022

Argentina head into the World Cup with the aim of adding global glory to their Copa America crown. A win at the first World Cup ...