UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 23): Windy day for much of Ireland, Fine conditions to Europe
Photo: Express

UK's daily weather forecast

Tonight & February 23

A wet morning for some as a band of rain extends from northeast to south-central England. Rain could linger into the afternoon but gradually clears from the south. Drier elsewhere with bright and sunny skies for many though showers affect northwestern coasts and hills of Scotland and western parts of Ireland. Thickening clouds and increasing winds across Ireland will bring rain here into the evening. A dry and clear end to the day for much of England, Wales, and Scotland. Highs at 8 to 10C for most, 12 to 14C in East Anglia, Essex, and the southeast. Through Monday night and into Tuesday morning rain and brisk winds spread across Ireland and much of Scotland as well as into Wales and far western parts of England. The rain will be locally heavy and will turn to sleet and snow over the hills of Scotland. Staying dry but increasingly cloudy and windy for much of England, eastern Wales, and the far east of Scotland. Overnight lows at 6 to 8C across Ireland and the far west of Great Britain, 1 to 5C across most of England, Wales, and Scotland.

A wet and windy day for much of Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Scotland. Gales affect exposed areas. Rain spreads into northwestern parts of England, parts of the West Country, and across much of Wales during the afternoon. A drier and generally brighter day to the southeast, but some low cloud and drizzle possible along southern coasts and hills. Breezy here too. High temperatures at 9 to 13C.

Outlook for February 24 - 25

Low-pressure west of Scotland on Wednesday. Breezy with clouds and periods of rain across parts of Ireland, Wales, southwest England, northwest England, and southern Scotland. Tending to be drier through the Midlands and eastern England although low cloud and drizzle affecting southern coasts. Brighter in northern Scotland though there will be frequent showers for western coasts and hills. Highs at 8 to 15C.

A brighter day on the whole on Thursday with some reasonable spells of sunshine for many areas although the far north will be windier with frequent showers for northwestern parts of Scotland and Ireland. Some low clouds and drizzle may also affect western coasts and hills further south. Best of the sunshine in the east. Highs around 7 to 13C.

UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 23): Windy day for much of Ireland, Fine conditions to Europe
Photo: Express

UK snow forecast: Chart turns BLUE as 48-hour Arctic freeze set to strike

Britain has seen temperatures rise to the mid-teens this week as settled conditions moved in allowing the mercury to soar. But the mild weather isn't set to last, with forecasters expecting another 48-hours of snow to strike much of the UK next month, with the mercury expected to plunge well below freezing. Weather charts begin to forecast snow from the evening of Thursday, March 4, as the whole of the UK turns blue and white to indicate a moderate chance of snowfall. The map, by WXCharts, shows Scotland and the north of England have a higher chance of snowfall, up to 30 percent, while southern parts have up to a 20 percent risk of wintry showers. The chance of snow intensifies through the weekend, with up to a 50 percent probability of snow falling in northern parts.

Forecasters expect the snow risk to continue through Monday, with the weather map still show the whole of the UK covered in blue and purple colorings - indicating the probability of snow. Maps by Netweather also forecast snow for the first weekend in March. Their snow risk chart shows snow is forecast in the Scottish highlands from the early hours of Thursday morning before moving further south on Saturday. The map shows the widespread snow is forecast over the weekend and is set to last 48hours. At 6 pm on Saturday, March 6 Scotland is covered with a 100 percent snow risk, while parts of northern England are covered by a more moderate risk of between 50-85 percent. Overnight the snow risk moves further south still and by 12 pm on Sunday parts of the Midlands, Wales and the south of England turn red, indicating a high chance of snow.

UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 23): Windy day for much of Ireland, Fine conditions to Europe
Photo: Express

By 3 pm parts of the east of England are covered by an 85 percent snow risk, including the capital and parts of Kent and Sussex. As 6 pm hits the snow risk intensifies further, with up to a 100 percent chance of snow covering East Anglia and the southeast. Scotland continues to be covered by a 100 percent snow risk. The snow risk no longer covers any part of the UK by Monday morning. The wintry conditions look set to coincide with a marked drop in temperatures. Netweather charts show the mercury will start to fall from Saturday, March 6, with lows of -5C forecast at 9 pm in Scotland.

Other parts of the UK will remain warmer, with temperatures ranging from 2-7C. But overnight the mercury looks set to plunge further, with -10C forecast in Scotland from 9 am. The chart, valid for 12noon on Sunday, shows much of the UK turn icy blue, with Scotland and the north of England seeing the worst of the cold weather. Wales and parts of England could drop to lows of -2C, while the southeast and west are expected to see the mercury rise just above freezing.

*Also Read: UK and Europe Weather Forecast February 2021: Accurate Average Temperatures, How Sunny or Snowy

UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 23): Windy day for much of Ireland, Fine conditions to Europe
Photo: Weather Online

Europe's weather forecast

Tonight & February 23

Heavy outbreaks of rain affect northeast Spain on Monday while the rest of Spain and Portugal see a largely dry and sunny day. Rather cloudy with scattered showers for the Balearic Islands, Corsica, and Sardinia. Dry and bright for the rest of Italy, the Balkans, Greece, and Turkey.

Rather cloudy for France with patchy outbreaks of rain - these mainly to the west and south where they may be locally heavy. Some cloud for the Low Countries but staying mostly dry here. Dry and fine for much of central Europe including Switzerland, Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary. Dry and fine conditions extend into Denmark, southern Sweden, and the Baltic States too on Monday. Cloudy for Norway with outbreaks of rain, sleet, and snow spreading into most parts of the country and across central and northern parts of Sweden too by the end of the day. Early snow showers fade from Finland to leave a mostly dry but overcast day here.

A mostly dry and fine day for the Iberian peninsula with some cloud and patchy rain for the far northeast of Spain and west coast of Portugal. Early showers fade from the Balearic Islands to leave a dry and fine day here. Dry and bright conditions extend through the central and western Mediterranean. Sunshine and warmth for Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, and Cyprus.

Some cloud and patchy rain linger over southern France but otherwise, it's a dry and fine day for the rest of the country. High pressure brings dry and sunny conditions to much of Europe including Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary. Increasingly cloudy and windy for Denmark but staying mostly dry. Cloud and winds also increase across the Baltic States with rain and sleet arriving over Estonia and Latvia later. A band of rain, sleet, and snow spreads across central and northern Sweden and Finland through the morning before another band of precipitation arrives over southern Norway later. Staying dry for the far south of Sweden.

*For more updates and accurate forecast of weather in UK and across Europe, please click here!

UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 22): Saharan dust plume to hit UK, heavy rain in Portugal & Spain UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 22): Saharan dust plume to hit UK, heavy rain in Portugal & Spain

UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 22): The MET Office has warned an area of low pressure is "feeding" winds from the Canaries which ...

UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 21): UK temperatures soar to 17C, fine conditions across central Europe UK and Europe Weather Forecast (Today Feb 21): UK temperatures soar to 17C, fine conditions across central Europe

UK and Europe Weather forecast (Feb 21): High pressure with dry and fine conditions across central Europe. The UK faces soaring temperatures with a 17C ...

UK and Europe Weather forecast (Feb 20): Wind and rain in west Europe, rain heavier across UK UK and Europe Weather forecast (Feb 20): Wind and rain in west Europe, rain heavier across UK

UK and Europe Weather forecast (Feb 20): Saturday sees fronts moving northwards bringing more rain across central and southern England and Wales as well as ...