Man United vs. AC Milan Europa League: Predictions, Start Time, Live Stream, TV Channel, Team News, Betting Odds
|Man United vs. AC Milan Europa League: Predictions, Start Time, Live Stream, TV Channel, Team News, Betting Odds|
Kick-off Time Man Unt vs. AC Milan
The round of 16 first legs are scheduled for Thursday 11 March, with the second legs on 18 March. Kick-off times are split between 18:55 CET and 21:00 CET. The quarter-final and semi-final draw is on 19 March.
UEFA Europa League round of 16 is set with plenty of big names still left in the competition. Europa League fixture list will see Manchester United coming up against AC Milan on Thursday (March 11).
This is the only UEFA Europa League round of 16 tie between former European champions. While Manchester United are the only club in this season's round of 16 to have won the UEFA Europa League, Milan have never reached the final of either this competition or its predecessor, the UEFA Cup. Their best seasons were semi-final placings in 1971/72 and 2001/02.
Man Utd vs AC Milan:
- The first leg will be the 11th meeting between Manchester United and AC Milan in European competition, with all 10 previous meetings coming in the European Cup/Champions League.
- Manchester United have been eliminated from four of their five knockout ties with AC Milan, with no side eliminating United more often in UEFA European competition (also Real Madrid, 4, excluding Super Cups).
- In their last meeting in March 2010, Manchester United won 4-0 against AC Milan - it is the Italians' joint-heaviest defeat in major UEFA European competition (excluding Super Cups).
How to Watch Man Utd vs AC Milan - TV Channel, Online, Live Stream from UK, US, India
Man Utd vs AC Milan will be streamed live on UEFA's official website, www.uefa.com.
Live telecast of the UEL draw will be on the Sony TEN 2 and Sony TEN 2 HD TV channels in India.
Sony holds the broadcast rights for the UEFA Europa League in India. Select UEL matches will be broadcast on Sony TEN 1, Sony TEN 2, Sony TEN 3, Sony SIX and their respective HD TV channels in India.
Live streaming of UEL in India will be available on SonyLIV.
How to live stream Manchester United vs. AC Milan from US, UK, India
DAZN , as official digital broadcaster in SouthEast Asia, will be live streaming the UEFA Europa League matches to its users in Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines and Laos. Select matches will also be streamed LIVE in Taiwan.
All the matches will be shown on Goal and select games will be LIVE streamed on DAZN 's social media handles.
The streams are 100 per cent free, legal and uninterrupted. You don't need any credit card. Just visit the site and watch the match.
Fans can watch on any device, anywhere - mobile, desktop & laptop.
From the first leg games, LASK vs Manchester United will be LIVE streamed on DAZN's Facebook and YouTube pages in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Philippines.
Head to head and Previous meetings - Man United vs. AC Milan
If we look at their past head to head meetings dating back to 23/02/2005, it’s been all-even between these two clubs with Manchester United winning 3 of those games, AC Milan 3 and 0 being draws after 90 minutes of play.
A combined total of 19 goals were produced between them during those clashes, with 10 from The Red Devils and 9 for i Rossoneri. That is an average goals per game value of 3.17.
This is the clubs' first UEFA encounter for 11 years, although they have been drawn against each other five times previously, on every occasion in the European Cup/UEFA Champions League knockout phase.
• Milan won the first four ties – three semi-finals, in 1957/58, 1968/69 and 2006/07, and a round of 16 tie, in 2004/05 when the Rossoneri also went on to reach the final – but United were triumphant in the most recent, Sir Alex Ferguson's men convincingly overcoming Leonardo's Milan in the 2009/10 round of 16 (3-2 a, 4-0 h).
• United have won four of their previous five games against Milan in Manchester, losing the other, and their overall home record against Italian visitors is W13 D2 L3, one of the defeats coming in the most recent such fixture, 0-1 against Juventus in the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League group stage. This is United's first UEFA Europa League game against a Serie A side.
• Since losing to Milan in the 2006/07 semi-final United have won all three of their two-legged knockout ties against Italian opposition, therefore balancing their all-time record at W6 L6. They also lost the 1999 UEFA Super Cup to Lazio (0-1).
• Milan famously won the 2003 UEFA Champions League final at Old Trafford, beating Juventus on penalties after a 0-0 draw, and had also lifted the European Cup for the first time with a 2-1 win against Benfica at Wembley in 1963. However, their record in England against English hosts shows just one win in 17 matches (D6 L10). That came against United at Old Trafford in the 2004/05 round of 16 when Hernán Crespo scored the only goal of the game.
• Milan's record in two-legged knockout ties against English opponents reads W8 L6. They also have a positive history in European finals against English clubs, overcoming Leeds 1-0 in Salonika to lift the 1973 European Cup Winners' Cup, taking the UEFA Super Cup at Arsenal's expense in 1995 (0-0 a, 2-0 h), and ousting Liverpool 2-1 in the 2007 UEFA Champions League showpiece in Athens – two years after they had lost the same fixture to the same team on penalties following a 3-3 draw in Istanbul.
Team News: Manchester United
Edinson Cavani (Knock), Phil Jones (Knee Injury) and Paul Pogba (Hamstring Injury) are unavailable for Man Utd manager Ole Solskjær.
Man United's derby win against Man City shows how far they have come, how far they have to go.
• United finished third in the Premier League last season, when they also lost three semi-finals – in the English League Cup, the FA Cup and the UEFA Europa League. Their league position enabled them to participate in the UEFA Champions League group stage for the 23rd time.
• Ole Gunnar Solskjær's men got off to a flier in Group H, beating Paris 2-1 away and Leipzig 5-0 at home, but they would lose three of their last four fixtures – 1-2 at İstanbul Başakşehir, 1-3 at home to Paris and 2-3 away to Leipzig – to drop down into third place.
• The Manchester giants have appeared in the UEFA Europa League round of 16 on four previous occasions. They lost the first two ties – against Athletic Club in 2011/12 (2-3 h, 1-2 a) and Liverpool in 2015/16 (0-2 a, 1-1 h) – but won the next two – against Rostov in their triumphant 2016/17 campaign (1-1 a, 1-0 h) and LASK last year (5-0 a, 2-1 h).
• United are unbeaten in their last 15 home games in the UEFA Europa League (W12 D3), winning five in a row before the recent stalemate with Real Sociedad. They have not conceded more than one goal at home in any UEFA Europa League encounter since that 2011/12 defeat by Athletic, keeping clean sheets in five of the last six.
Team News AC Milan: Without Zlatan Ibrahimovic
AC Milan will be without Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the Europa League round-of-16 first leg clash with Manchester United, sources have told ESPN. Ibrahimovic will be assessed in 10 days' time in order to determine the full period required on the sidelines and that will be March 11 -- the day Milan face United. The return leg is on March 18.
Milan boss Stefano Pioli has to choose from a squad that has some fitness concerns. Hakan Calhanoglu (Muscle Injury), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Tear in the abductor muscle), Ismaël Bennacer (Muscle Injury), Ante Rebic (Problems with the hip flexor), Mario Mandzukic (Muscular problems), Daniel Maldini (Unknown Injury) and Theo Hernández (Shin bone bruise) are those who can’t be considered.
• A sixth-placed finish in Serie A last term earned Milan a return to Europe after a one-season absence. Milan are four points behind Serie A leaders Inter Milan, having suffered back-to-back defeats before their win over Roma, with 12 matches remaining.
Stefano Pioli's side beat Shamrock Rovers (2-0 a) and Bodø/Glimt (3-2 h) in their first two qualifying matches before dramatically capturing a place in the UEFA Europa League group stage by ousting Rio Ave 9-8 in a marathon penalty shoot-out after a 2-2 draw in Portugal.
• The Rossoneri made a strong start to Group H, winning 3-1 at Celtic and 3-0 at home to Sparta, but then lost 0-3 at home to LOSC before drawing 1-1 in France. Further victories against Celtic (4-2 h) and Sparta (1-0 a) were enough, however, to see them through as group winners.
• Victory over Crvena zvezda has given the Rossoneri a second crack at the round of 16. They also faced English opposition three seasons ago, losing both matches to Arsenal (0-2 h, 1-3 a).
• Undefeated on the road in 2020/21 (W3 D3), Milan's overall away record in the UEFA Europa League, qualifiers included, is W8 D5 L3. Yet the Rossoneri have struggled on their travels in recent springtime campaigns, losing seven of their last 12 post-Christmas European away fixtures and winning just one, 3-0 at Ludogorets in the 2017/18 round of 32.
It looks to us that Manchester United look likely to create the chances to score more than once when they line up against AC Milan, who may well find it hard to score.
Our tip is for a fairly comfortable 2-0 margin for Manchester United by the time that the referee blows the final whistle.
What are the top odds for the game?
Turning to the betting odds on the WDW market, staking on Manchester United can be had for 1.67, a bet on a drawn result is 3.86 & putting your money on victory for AC Milan gets 5.5. They’re the top returns offered right now.
Relationship Milan and Manchester United
• Zlatan Ibrahimović was a Manchester United player from 2016 to 2018, helping the club win the UEFA Europa League. He is a former Sweden team-mate of United defender Victor Lindelöf.
• United's Paul Pogba played in Italy for Juventus between 2012 and 2016. He faced Milan eight times in Serie A, winning seven of those matches and scoring in the last of them, a 2-1 away win in 2015/16. He also met Milan in the 2015/16 Coppa Italia final, which Juve won 1-0 after extra time.
• United striker Edinson Cavani played in Italy for Palermo (2007–10) and Napoli (2010–13). He took on Milan 12 times, scoring four goals, including a hat-trick for Napoli in 2011/12. He was a team-mate of Milan's Simon Kjær at Palermo.
• Bruno Fernandes began his career in Italy, playing for Novara (2012/13), Udinese (2013–16) and Sampdoria (2016/17). He faced Milan five times in Serie A (W2 L3) and once in the Coppa Italia with Udinese, defeating the Rossoneri 2-1 in a 2013/14 quarter-final.
• Alex Telles played 21 Serie A games for Milan's city rivals Internazionale in 2015/16.
• Amad Diallo joined United from Atalanta in January. He made just four league appearances for the Bergamo club, scoring one goal.
• Sergio Romero played for Sampdoria between 2011 and 2015, making 71 Serie A outings.
• Milan loanee Brahim Díaz was a Manchester City player between 2016 and 2019.
• Fikayo Tomori is on loan at Milan from Chelsea.
• Donny van de Beek scored his first international goal past Gianluigi Donnarumma in a 1-1 UEFA Nations League draw between Italy and the Netherlands in Bergamo on 14 October 2020.
• Mario Mandžukić struck the winning goal in extra time of the 2018 FIFA World Cup semi-final as Croatia came from behind to beat an England side featuring Harry Maguire and substitute Marcus Rashford. Mandžukić also scored in the final, but Pogba's France won 4-2 with the United midfielder on target for Les Bleus.
• United are one of five clubs appearing in the UEFA Europa League round of 16 for a second successive season, along with Olympiacos, Rangers, Roma and Shakhtar Donetsk.
UEFA Europa League draw, Round of 16 schedule and fixtures
The first leg of the UEL Round of 16 fixtures will take place on March 11, with the second leg scheduled for a week later, on March 18. The kickoff times will be announced later.
Ajax (NED) vs Young Boys (SUI)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) vs Villarreal (ESP)
Roma (ITA) vs Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Olympiacos (GRE) vs Arsenal (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) vs Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Manchester United (ENG) vs AC Milan (ITA)
Slavia Prague (CZE) vs Rangers (SCO)
Granada (ESP) vs Molde (NOR)