Knowing More: Linking Your Cancer Diagnosis To Zantac Poisoning
|Tips to help you manage your life after a cancer diagnosis|
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and believe that the cancer was caused by exposure to zantac (also known asranocoumarol), you may be able to file a medical malpractice claim. Zantac poisoning is caused by ingestion of the medication and can result in cancer.
Medical malpractice claims are complex and often involve several different factors.
What Is Zantac?
Zantac is a medication used to relieve heartburn and acid indigestion. It is also used to treat ulcers, but it can also cause a rare, but very serious condition known as zantac poisoning. Zantac poisoning is a syndrome that occurs when the drug zantac interacts with certain drugs or other substances in the body.
There are several negative side effects showing up in users and family members after being poisoned with zantac.
How Can I Confirm That My Cancer Is Linked to Zantac Poisoning?
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and believe that your cancer may be linked to zantac poisoning, you may want to get medical confirmation that your cancer is indeed linked to zantac exposure. This can be done through a blood test or by consulting with a specialist in oncology. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any other health conditions, please speak with your doctor before making any decisions about your treatment.
What Cancer-Causing Chemicals Are In Zantac?
Pepcid contains two types of chemicals:
- Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)
PPA and Niacin are both known as carcinogens. When taken in high doses, these chemicals can cause cancer. Both are metabolized by the liver, so it is possible to build up enough of these chemicals that can cause cancer if they are taken over long periods of time.
Types Of Cancer Linked To Zantac Poisoning
Pepcid has been linked to cancers of the mouth, esophagus, larynx, stomach, colon, rectum, pancreas, bladder, esophagus, and lungs. Most of these cancers are rare, but some are quite common. For example:
• Mouth cancer: Mouth cancers are very rare, but they are very serious and often fatal. Mouth cancers can develop after long-term use of Pepcid, but more often they develop after a period of taking Pepcid for a short time. Mouth cancers that develop after using Pepcid for a short time include:
• Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC): SCC is the most common type of mouth cancer. SCC is also known as squamous cell carcinoma, which is a type of cancer that develops when cells grow rapidly in the lining of the mouth and throat. SCC usually occurs on the hard and soft tissues of the mouth and throat. SCC can also develop in other areas of the body, including the larynx (voice box), esophagus, and stomach.
• Oropharyngeal cancer: Oropharyngeal cancer is another type of cancer that develops in the upper part of the throat (behind the nose). It is usually caused by smoking or excessive alcohol use.
• Epidermoid carcinoma: Epidermoid carcinoma is a rare type of cancer that develops from cells that are found on the skin's surface. These cells are called epidermal cells and they produce keratin, which is a substance that keeps your skin smooth and flexible. The epidermoid cell becomes malignant and it grows quickly. It can grow into the deeper layers of the skin and invade them.
• Nasopharyngeal cancer: Nasopharyngeal cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the back part of the throat (behind the nose). It is usually caused by smoking or excessive alcohol use.
Symptoms Of Zantac Poisoning
Zantac poisoning can cause a number of symptoms that include:
• Abdominal pain or pain in the upper abdomen
• Abdominal discomfort with eating
• Bloating or gas
• Diarrhea or constipation
• Fatigue or weakness
• Nausea and vomiting
• Stomach cramps or pain
What Medical Evaluations Are Needed For A Cancer Diagnosis?
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, you will be advised to stop taking your medications. This includes Zantac, Pepcid, and all other medications that contain Pepcid or PPA. Your doctor will advise you how long to stop taking your medications and how long to wait before restarting them after your cancer treatment has been completed.
The length of time you are advised to stop taking your medications depends on two things—your age and your health status. If you are very young or if you have health problems such as heart disease, diabetes or kidney disease, you may be advised to stop taking all medications for a longer period of time than someone with healthy kidneys who has not had these health problems.
Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and you believe that there may be a link between your cancer and your medication, you should contact an attorney right away. You should also get medical records from your doctor that explain why your doctor thinks you may have been exposed to Pepcid poisoning when you took Zantac. You should also get copies of any medical reports related to your cancer diagnosis—these could include pathology reports, radiology reports, and biopsy reports. If you have had surgery related to your cancer diagnosis, you may need copies of your surgical records as well. Your doctor may also send copies of these reports directly to your personal injury attorney without asking you for them. If so, be sure to ask for them in writing so that you can keep copies for yourself.
What Medical Records Should Be Submitted To The Lawyer?
• The medical records from your doctor that show that you have been diagnosed with cancer and that there may be a link between your cancer and your medication
• The medical records from any doctors who have worked on your case—this includes your surgeon and any other doctors who you have seen for treatment related to your cancer diagnosis.
Filing personal injury lawsuits is a complex process. If you were diagnosed with cancer and believe that there may be a link between your cancer and your medication, you should contact an attorney right away.
| 10 Best Magic Fruits To Prevent Cancer And Fact-Check |
Fruits are some of the best natural medicines that you can use to help strengthen your immune symptoms, and there are several ones that have ...
| Top 10 Best Magic Foods To Prevent Cancer And Fact-Check |
Foods play an important part in our health and lifestyle. These superfoods can help you greatly in cancer treatment and prevention, and give you a ...
| Top 6 SuperFoods That Can 'Starve' Cancer |
Cancer affects many people's lives, but eating right can help you reduce your risk. Take a look at these superfoods that help starve cancer and ...