How to Watch Eurovision in USA, UK and Around the World
|Photo: Premiere Media|
Many Americans only came to learn about Europe's biggest competitive event outside of soccer, the Eurovision Song Contest thanks to the Netflix film The Story of Fire Saga, starring Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams, as the show was hard to access stateside. That's changing this year as Peacock has announced it will exclusively stream the biggest singing competition on its platform this year, and you better hurry up, because the show starts tonight, as cited by Collider.
Nearly forty countries are gathering for the fist time since 2019 for Eurovision, Europe’s famous singing competition. After last year’s event was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, we got a stand-in with Rachel McAdams and Will Ferrell’s Eurovision Netflix film.
WHERE IS EUROVISION 2021?
This year’s Eurovision competition will be held in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. The country won in 2019 and was supposed to host the singing competition last year, but it was pushed to 2021 due to the pandemic, reported Decider.
WHEN IS EUROVISION 2021?
Eurovision 2021 takes place this week, from today, May 18, through Saturday, May 23. In the U.S., the schedule is as follows:
- Semi-Final 1: Tuesday, May 18, 3/2c
- Semi-Final 2: Thursday, May 20, 3/2c
- Grand-Final: Saturday, May 22, 3/2c
WHO IS COMPETING IN EUROVISION 2021?
A total of 39 countries are competing in Eurovision 2021. Competing for the "Big Five" and host countries are:
- U.K.: James Newman, "Embers"
- Spain: Blas Cantó, "Voy a quedarme"
- France: Barbara Pravi, "Voilà"
- Germany: Jendrik, "I Don't Feel Hate"
- Italy: Måneskin, "Zitti e buoni"
- Netherlands: Jeangu Macrooy "Birth of a New Age"
|Photo: Eurovision Song Contest|
Sixteen countries are competing in semi-final 1. The top 10 vote-getters will move on to the final:
- Lithuania: The Roop, "Discoteque"
- Slovenia: Ana Soklič, "Amen"
- Russia: Manizha, "Russian Woman"
- Sweden: Tusse, "Voices"
- Australia: Montaigne, "Technicolour"
- North Macedonia: Vasil, "Here I Stand"
- Ireland: Lesley Roy, "Maps"
- Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou, "El diablo"
- Norway: Tix, "Fallen Angel"
- Croatia: Albina, "Tick-Tock"
- Belgium: Hooverphonic, "The Wrong Place"
- Israel: Eden Alene, "Set Me Free"
- Romania: Roxen, "Amnesia"
- Azerbaijan: Efendi, "Mata Hari"
- Ukraine: Go_A, "Shum" (Шум)
- Malta: Destiny, "Je me casse"
Seventeen countries are competing in semi-final 2. The top 10 vote-getters will move on to the final:
- San Marino: Senhit, "Adrenalina"
- Estonia: Uku Suviste, "The Lucky One"
- Czech Republic: Benny Cristo, "Omaga"
- Greece: Stefania, "Last Dance"
- Austria: Vincent Bueno, "Amen"
- Poland: Rafał, "The Ride"
- Moldova: Natalia Gordienko, Sugar"
- Iceland: Daði og Gagnamagnið, "10 Years"
- Serbia: Hurricane, "Loco Loco"
- Georgia: Tornike Kipiani, "You"
- Albania: Anxhela Peristeri, "Karma"
- Portugal: The Black Mamba, "Love Is on My Side"
- Bulgaria: Victoria, "Growing Up Is Getting Old"
- Finland: Blind Channel, "Dark Side"
- Latvia: Samanta Tīna, "The Moon Is Rising"
- Switzerland: Gjon's Tears, "Tout l'Univers"
- Denmark: Fyr og Flamme, "Øve os på hinanden"
How to watch Eurovision 2021 in the UK
BBC One will air the Grand Final on Saturday night, while you can find the Semi-Finals on BBC Four, reported Tom's Guide.
Semi-Final 1: Tuesday, May 18, 8 p.m. BST
Semi-Final 2: Thursday, May 20, 8 p.m. BST
Grand Final: Saturday, May 22, 8 p.m. BST
Graham Norton will be resuming his Eurovision commentating gig for the final, but the semifinals will be hosted by Rylan Clark-Neal, Scott Mills and Chelcee Grimes. The UK will be represented by James Newman.
How to watch Eurovision 2021 in the U.S.
GREAT NEWS, Americans who want to watch Eurovision 2021! The contest wasn't initially scheduled to air on any U.S. channels, but Peacock has flown in to save the day. Semi-final 1 is is streaming now on Peacock Free.
Semi-final 2 will stream May 20 at 3 p.m. ET. Then, the grand-final will stream Saturday, May 22 at 3 p.m. Oh, and Eurovision 2022 will also be available on Peacock next year!
How to watch Eurovision 2021 online, from anywhere on Earth
Just because Eurovision isn't streaming on any channels in your country doesn't mean you need to miss out! Watching along with the rest of the internet can be easy these days. With the right VPN (virtual private network), you can stream the show from wherever you go.
Not sure which VPN is the right one for you? We've tested many different services and our pick for the best VPN overall is ExpressVPN, which offers superb speeds and excellent customer service.
| Eden Release Date: Cast, Plot And Trailer For Netflix Anime |
The new anime follows two robots raising the only known child left on Earth. Here’s the EDEN release date, cast, plot, and much more.
| What is Chinese TV drama 'Word of Honor'? Why to Watch, Cast, Coming on Netflix |
What is the hottest online drama in China? The answer will most likely be "Word of Honor" on social media. It's not only the most-talked ...
| Blood Moon (May 26): Schedule, How to Watch and Photograph |
The second supermoon of 2021 will arrive on May 26, nearly 100 miles closer to Earth than last month's full moon - and the closest ...