How to say 'Will you marry me' in Chinese?
KnowInsider suggests you some marriage proposal lines in Chinese and if you have an interest or want to start a relationship with a Chinese girl or boy, these would definitely come in handy.
1. 嫁给我好吗？ (Jià gěi Wǒ hǎo ma?) “Will you marry me?”
2. 你愿意作我的妻子吗？ (Nǐ yuànyì zuò Wǒ de qīzi ma?) “Will you be my wife?”
3. 你是我这辈子一直在等的那个人。 (Nǐ shì Wǒ zhè bèizi yìzhí zài děng de nà gè rén.) “You are the one I've been waiting for my whole life.”
你是我这辈子一直在等的那个人。 (Nǐ shì Wǒ zhè bèizi yìzhí zài děng de nà gè rén.) You will stress 一直 (yìzhí). 一直 (Yìzhí) in Chinese means “always”. 那个人 (Nà gè rén) means “the one”.
你是我这辈子一直在等的那个人。 (Nǐ shì Wǒ zhè bèizi yìzhí zài děng de nà gè rén.)
4. 我想永远和你在一起。 (Wǒ xiǎng yǒngyuǎn hé nǐ zài yìqǐ.) “I want to be with you forever.”
5. 让我们共度余生吧。 (Ràng wǒmen gòngdù yúshēng ba.) “Let’s spend the rest of our lives together.”
6. 有你在我身边我的人生才完整。 (Yǒu nǐ zài Wǒ shēnbiān Wǒ de rénshēng cái wánzhěng.) “Having you by my side is what completes me.”
So far, this is my favourite line so I do feel the importance of my existence in this person’s life and not too dramatic.
7. 我没办法想象没有你的日子我该怎么办。 (Wǒ méi bànfǎ xiǎngxiàng méiyǒu nǐ de rìzi Wǒ gāi zěnme bàn.) “I can't imagine my life without you in it.”
8. 现在我知道了，我们俩注定要在一起。 (Xiànzài Wǒ zhīdao le, wǒmen liǎ zhùdìng yào zài yìqǐ.) “I now know that you and I are truly meant to be together.”
So this line/situation, is more like after so many things happened, ups and downs, maybe break up after breakup and getting together, break up again and after a lot of things, you finally realized he/she is the one and you will say this line - 现在我知道了，我们俩注定要在一起。 (Xiànzài Wǒ zhīdao le, wǒmen liǎ zhùdìng yào zài yìqǐ.) after so many things.
9. 在遇见你之前我不知道我的生活是有多么的空虚。 (Zài yùjiàn nǐ zhīqián Wǒ bù zhīdào Wǒ de shēnghuó shì yǒu duōma kōngxū.) “Before I met you, I never realized how empty my life was.”
10. 我们在一起是天意。 (Wǒmen zài yìqǐ shì tiānyì.) “We are meant to be together.”
This is a kind of proposal with a strong emotion like you have strong affirmation she or he is the one, “We’re meant to be together.”. 天意 (Tiānyì) is “destiny”, he/she cannot escape from it regardless whether they are thinking about you or your relationship now, you know you and your sweetheart going to be together.
|In Chinese, “婚”(hūn) is the literal meaning of marriage. This Chinese character has two parts, that is to say, “女”(nǚ) and “昏”(hūn). “女”(nǚ) means a woman and “昏”(hūn) means at dusk. Ancient Chinese people got married at dusk so that is why the Chinese character “婚”(hūn) is written in this way.|
|How to say "Happy Birthday" in Chinese |
Everybody loves birthdays, and China is no exception. If you are invited to the birthday of your friends, you need to learn how to say ...
|How To Say Merry Christmas In Chinese? |
Christmas, which is one of the most popular festivals in the world is just around the corner. It's time to learn how to say Merry ...
|How to Say I Love You In Chinese? |
Bored with saying the usual 我爱你 (wǒ ài nǐ)? This Valentine's Day, really surprise your lover with these alternative ways of expressing your heartfelt cheesy ...