How to make your own polish nail at home
Nail polish seems like one of those things you just can’t make yourself at home, and in some ways you’re right. However, to some extents, there are different but simple ways for you to create your own nail polish at home.
Today, Knowinsider would like to introduce to you how to make them.
|Oil-dispersible cosmetic colourants. Photo: Elementsbathandbody.
There is a fact that you can use pretty much any oil-based or oil-dispersible cosmetic colourant to colour your nail polish. As reported in abeautifulmess.com, just make sure that whatever you are using is made for cosmetic use. Craft glitters, food dyes or other non-cosmetic colourants might not behave well in nail polish since they aren’t designed for that purpose.
According to the helloglow.co, one of the favourite colourants for nail polish are mineral micas. These powdered colourants provide shimmering colour in a whole rainbow of shades. For bright coloured shades that are clear and glossy, look for oil-dispersible colourants like ultramarines and oxides. For matte colour, try adding a pinch of cornstarch.
|Micas. Photo: Amazon.
|suspending nail polish base
empty nail polish bottles with tops and nail polish mixing balls
micas, oil-based colourants, and/or cosmetic glitters
popsicle sticks or miniature scoops
1. Make sure each empty nail polish bottle contains two mixing balls. If your bottles come with one mixing ball per bottle, just take a second mixing ball from the bottles you’re not using
2. Start by filling your empty bottle with the clear nail polish. I just poured it from one bottle to the other very carefully by hand.
3. Next, fold a piece of printer paper in half and place 1-2 teaspoons mica or other colourants in the centre. Use the folded paper to guide the colourant into the bottle (a little might spill, but this was the easiest/cleanest method I found unless you have your mad scientist funnel).
4. Screw on the lid and give it a good shake for at least 2-3 minutes. If you’re not happy with the colour, add more colourant until you get a shade you’re happy with.
5. To use, paint nails like you normally would and let dry thoroughly. I didn’t have any trouble with colour or sparkles rubbing off on my hands or clothes, but depending on your choice of colourant, it might be an issue. The only way to know for sure is to test it!
| How To Make Natural Deodorant At Home
Deodorant can contain a lot of harmful chemicals. Save time and money by making this natural homemade deodorant with coconut oil, baking soda, and oils. ...
| How to make safe natural lipsticks at home
Lipsticks are obviously powerful makeup tools to make you look more youthful and beautiful. However, there are many lipsticks that has unknown origins. Know Insider ...