How to make Pancit Guisado, Phillipines's iconic food?
|Pancit Guisado. Photo: Youtube|
Making Pancit Guisado has never been easier. These days, all you need is to look for a tried and tested Pancit Bihon Recipe and you are all set. Of course, looking for s
uch can be challenging because the internet is filled with lots of information that one needs to validate beforehand. This won’t be a problem anymore. Here at KnowInsider, we make sure that all our recipes have been tried, tested, and approved before we publish them online. You can now relax and trust that everything will be as expected.
What will you need to make Pancit Guisado?
500 grams of dried canton noodles
250 grams of chicken breast
250 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
250 grams of chicken liver
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup of celery, sliced
1/2 cup of green and red bell pepper, julienned
1 cup of snow peas
1 piece carrot, julienned
1 piece cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 cups of chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Now, let get's started!
1. In a wok, add two cups of water and chicken. Let it boil and cook until tender over medium to low heat. Set aside the liquid (chicken broth) for later.
2. Shred the meat of the chicken and set aside.
3. In the same wok, sauté garlic and onions over medium heat.
4. Add and cook the chicken liver and shrimp for two minutes. (do not overcook the shrimp for more than 2 minutes). It will shrink too much and becomes rubbery in texture.
5. Toss in the celery, bell pepper, snow peas, carrots and cabbage. Let it cook for an additional two minutes. Transfer into a plate. Set it aside.
|Photo: Delightful Mom Food|
6. Using the same wok, add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and chicken broth. Let it come to a boil.
7. Gently toss the dried noodles in the simmering broth, until the noodles absorb the liquid.
8. Add the mixed vegetables to the plate. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
9. Garnish with green onions and calamansi.
10. Serve. Share and enjoy!
369 calories; protein 18.1g 36% DV; carbohydrates 65.1g 21% DV; fat 4.9g 8% DV; cholesterol 35mg 12% DV; sodium 788.6mg 32% DV.
For more interesting recipes of iconic food in other countries, check out our KnowInsider!
| How to Make a Perfect Poutine to Treat Your Beloved Ones |
Poutine is not only Canada's National Dish but, in the opinion of many of us here at Delish, one of the best comfort foods of ...
| How to make a perfect US cheeseburger! |
If you live in Europe, especially in some areas like the US, you might recognize a fact that most people here are crazy fans of ...
| How to Make the Perfect Bacon Sandwich? |
Looking for bacon sandwich recipes? KnowInsider has many trusted bacon sandwich recipes complete with ratings, reviews, and cooking tips.