Everton vs Chelsea: Kick-off time, TV and Streaming, Match Prediction - Premier League preview
The Blues go into the weekend two points behind Tottenham and Liverpool, but with neither in action until the following day, Lampard’s men could leapfrog the current pacesetters.
A midweek draws with Krasnodar in their Champions League dead-rubber will have done little to impact the confidence of a Chelsea side who have not lost in the league in almost three months.
Everton, meanwhile, has faltered after their flying start to the season with just one win in their last seven games.
Date, kick-off time, and venue
Everton vs Chelsea is scheduled for an 8 pm GMT kick-off on Saturday, December 12, 2020.
The game will be played behind-closed-doors at Goodison Park, with fans still unable to attend because Liverpool falls within Tier 3 of the Government’s coronavirus restrictions.
How to watch Everton vs Chelsea
TV channel: Saturday evening’s game will be televised on BT Sport 1, with coverage starting from 7:30 pm.
Live stream: BT Sport subscribers will be able to watch the match online via the BT Sport website and the BT Sport app.
Everton vs Chelsea Head To Head History
Everton vs Chelsea's head to head (h2h) results
- Everton wins: 57
- Chelsea wins: 73
- Draws: 54
- Last meeting: Chelsea 4-0 Everton (March 8, 2020)
Everton vs Chelsea odds and betting tips (subject to change)
- Everton to win: 7/2
- Draw: 16/5
- Chelsea to win: 4/5
Lastest five results
08 March 2020 – Chelsea 4-0 Everton – Premier League
07 December 2019 – Everton 3-1 Chelsea – Premier League
17 March 2019 – Everton 2-0 Chelsea – Premier League
11 November 2018 – Chelsea 0-0 Everton – Premier League
23 December 2017 – Everton 0-0 Chelsea – Premier League
- Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is still looking for the right system to get Everton back on track but is significantly hampered by the fact both Lucas Digne and Seamus Coleman are injured with no adequate replacements ready to come in.
- Ancelotti hoped Fabian Delph will be a short-term answer at left wing-back against Burnley but the former Manchester City midfielder lasted 29 minutes before needing to come off with an injury. He is expected to miss out here.
- Mason Holgate may have to settle for another place on the bench here as Ancelotti will lean on Yerry Mina's height advantage to try and nullify Chelsea's Olivier Giroud.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored a brace against Chelsea in this fixture last season and that was before he exploded into one of the Premier League's best goalscorers.
- Olivier Giroud has momentarily leapfrogged Tammy Abraham in the pecking order and is expected to lead the line against Everton. He has six goals in his last eight appearances against Everton.
- With Callum Hudson-Odoi and Hakim Ziyech ruled out, Christian Pulisic will play alongside Timo Werner and Giroud in the attack.
- Mateo Kovacic and Kai Havertz are battling for one spot in midfield at the moment, with the latter still looking to regain full fitness after a tough bout of COVID-19.
Everton vs Chelsea Form
Everton has lost 73 times in their 184 previous clashes against Chelsea, winning only 57 times. A total of 54 matches have ended in draws.
Everton form guide: D-L-W-L-L
Chelsea form guide: D-W-W-D-W
Everton vs Chelsea predicted lineups
Everton possible starting lineup (3-4-3): Jordan Pickford; Ben Godfrey, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane; Tom Davies, Allan, Abdoulaye Doucoure; Alex Iwobi; James Rodriguez, Richarlison, Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Chelsea possible starting lineup (4-3-3): Edouard Mendy; Reece James, Kurt Zouma, Thiago Silva, Ben Chilwell; N'Golo Kante, Mason Mount, Mateo Kovacic, Kai Havertz, Olivier Giroud, Timo Werner
Everton vs Chelsea Prediction
Everton is in rotten form with only one win in their last seven Premier League matches. Their swashbuckling early season form feels a long time ago now and Carlo Ancelotti desperately needs to find a way of getting the best out of James Rodriguez without Everton leaking goals.
Chelsea is unbeaten in their last 17 matches in all competitions and was hugely impressive in last weekend's 3-1 win at home to Leeds. Frank Lampard's side has won four of their last five in the Premier League and they will end Saturday top of the Premier League if they win at Goodison Park.
Everton is playing badly at the moment but they can at least cling on to the fact they are unbeaten in their last three home matches against Chelsea with back-to-back wins over the Capital side. Nevertheless, Lampard was able to rest his main players in midweek and you'd expect Chelsea to return to London with all three points.
It is predicted that Chelsea beat Everton with the 2 scores while Everton will not score any point, according to Sportskeeda. Whereas, Everton 1-2 Chelsea is the result that SportMole predicted.
Trouble on the cards for Everton
The Toffees haven't been afraid to get stuck in this season, averaging the second-highest number of yellow cards per game in the Premier League, and they are the only side to have had two men sent off in a match so far this season.
In contrast, Chelsea has managed to compete without overstepping the mark, going through three of their last four matches without a booking.
Everton won the card count in both meetings with Chelsea last season and look the more likely to have the lion’s share of the names in referee Jon Moss’s notebook come full-time on Saturday.
| MU vs. Man City: Kick-off time, TV and Streaming, Match Prediction - Premier League preview |
Premier League preview MU vs Man City: On Saturday, Manchester United are set to compete in the first Manchester Derby of the season when they ...
| Who is Adel Belkacem Bouzida - World's Up-and-Coming Footballer? |
Are you a fan of the king sport? Have you ever heard of Adel Belkacem Bouzida? Read on for more information about this young and ...
| Top Emerging young Footballers in the World for 2021 |