Chelsea vs Tottenham Preview: Kick Off Time, Team news, Live Stream, Predicted line-up
Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea face off in a Premier League London derby on Thursday with both sides looking to back get into the race for the top four (8pm kick-off).
Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Match Preview
Chelsea sit at the top of their UEFA Champions League group and are just 2 points off the top of the table. Lampard’s men have lost just once this season. Tottenham meanwhile lead their UEFA Europa League group and the Premier League table on goal difference.
Whether Spurs could keep their bottle over the season and hold on is another thing. A win against Chelsea would prove their title credentials. Chelsea have had an edge over their London rivals in the past encounters. The Blues have won 72, lost 55 and drawn 40 out of the 167 games they have played against Tottenham. The last time these two sides met, Tottenham Hotspur won 6-5 on penalties in the EFL Cup round of 16 after the game ended 1-1 at full time.
Tottenham vs Chelsea build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It wasn’t too long ago that Jose Mourinho’s side were being tipped for a Premier League title challenge but they have fallen away and now look outsiders for the top four. Although they do have a game in hand over fourth-placed Leicester, Tottenham aren’t in good form, with just two wins in their past nine games, a run of results that saw them drop from first to sixth.
Tottenham go into this game against Mourinho’s former side off the back of consecutive defeats in the Premier League, following up a 3-1 home defeat to Liverpool with a 1-0 loss away at Brighton. But they haven’t lost consecutive home games in the Premier League since January 2019 and face a Chelsea team in terrible form on the road.
Chelsea have lost four of their past five Premier League away games, only managing to beat Fulham in what was a close affair. That form would have been one of the factors behind Frank Lampard’s sacking last week, with the Englishman since being replaced by Thomas Tuchel.
The new Chelsea boss has had a positive start to life in London, unbeaten after two games with a goalless draw against Wolves and 2-0 win over Burnley at the weekend. Chelsea do also have a good recent record against Tottenham, unbeaten in their past four Premier League meetings – though Tottenham were victorious in the Carabao Cup earlier this season.
- Tottenham (vs Brighton): Lloris; Sanchez, Rodon, Alderweireld; Sissoko, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Davies; Bale, Son; Bergwijn.
- Chelsea (vs Burnley): Mendy; Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger; Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Mount, Werner, Abraham.
Tottenham received good news concerning Harry Kane’s injury, with the Englishman only expected to be out for a couple of weeks, though he is of course missing for this game. Kane is joined on the sidelines by Sergio Reguilon, Giovani Lo Celso and Dele Alli.
Tuchel, meanwhile, has a fresh squad to choose from with N’Golo Kante back in training, but the German has kept people guessing with his starting XIs so far, shows squawka.
|Photo: Sky sports|
Christian Pulisic could return for Chelsea having beaten his latest hamstring issue. Pulisic is back in training but boss Frank Lampard is not sure whether the USA forward is yet back to full match fitness.
Kai Havertz is working back to full sharpness having completed his self-isolation after testing positive for Covid-19.
Tottenham will be without center-back Toby Alderweireld after he suffered a groin injury during last weekend's 2-0 win over Manchester City. Welsh defender Joe Rodon replaced the Belgian late on and could be given a full debut.
Davinson Sanchez and Japhet Tanganga are other alternatives. Hugo Lloris, Giovani Lo Celso and Steven Bergwijn are expected to be part of the squad but Erik Lamela (Achilles) remains out, according to skysports.
Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Match Prediction
With two in-form teams going head to head in the derby, nothing can be said for sure. However, having Jose Mourinho as their manager makes Tottenham our favorites to win at Stamford Bridge by a 3-2 scoreline.
Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Match Livestream
|The match kicks off at GMT 12:30 PM on Sunday, 29th November for British viewers, and the match can be caught live on Sky Sports UK. |
For Indian viewers, the match kicks off at IST 06:00 PM on Sunday, November 29th and can be viewed live on Star Sports Select SD & HD Channels, cites alleysport.
- Chelsea have won their last three Premier League games against Spurs, more than they had in their previous eight against them (W2 D2 L4). They last won more consecutively against them in the competition between January 2000 and March 2002 (six games).
- Tottenham have won just one of their last 34 away games against Chelsea in all competitions (D11 L22), losing the last three in a row since a 3-1 victory in April 2018.
- Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 away matches against Chelsea in all competitions, a 0-0 draw in March 2012.
- Chelsea (seven, level with Southampton) and Tottenham (eight) are on the current longest unbeaten runs in the Premier League, with Spurs one of three sides with a 100 per cent away record in the competition so far this term.
- Since the start of 2018-19, Chelsea have won eight of their 10 home London derbies in the Premier League (D1 L1), dropping points in consecutive games last season against West Ham (0-1) and Arsenal (2-2).
- Tottenham have won all four of their Premier League away games so far this season - only four teams have ever won their first five on the road in a Premier League campaign (Newcastle in 1994-95, Charlton in 2005-06, Chelsea in 2008-09 and Man City in 2017-18). Meanwhile, Spurs have only done this once in their top-flight history, doing so in their last title-winning season of 1960-61.
- Tottenham are looking to win five consecutive Premier League games for the first time since December 2018. The Lilywhites will have been top of the Premier League table for at least seven days this season, more than they had in their previous 10 campaigns combined (6 days between 2010-11 and 2019-20).
- Tottenham boss José Mourinho has lost both of his Premier League meetings with Chelsea manager Frank Lampard - the Portuguese has never lost three consecutive league matches against the same manager or club before.
- Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham is looking to score in three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since September 2019. He has scored 18 Premier League goals since the start of last season, twice as many as any other player for the Blues.
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has been involved in 16 Premier League goals this season (seven goals, nine assists), more than any other player. He is averaging a goal or assist every 50 minutes so far in the competition this term.
| Tottenham vs Chelsea Preview: H2H, Betting Odds - Premier League |
Tottenham and Chelsea Betting Odds: Two teams will meet in a London derby part of Premier League’s 22nd round on Thursday. Check out this article ...
| Burnley vs Chelsea Preview, Odds, Team News, Tactics and Stats - Premier League |
On Sunday 31th January, the historic and awaiting match between Burnley vs Chelsea will happen at Turf Moor. Fans of the two teams are looking ...
| Chelsea vs Burnley Preview: Team news, prediction, stats, kick-off time - Premier League |
Premier League Match between Chelsea vs Burnley is an awaiting match that many football fans will be looking forward to watching. Chelsea vs Burnley Preview, ...
| 2021 Chelsea Premier League Fixtures: Full Match Schedule & TV Live Stream |
Chelsea Fixtures in Premier League 2020/2021: The complete list of matches, schedule, future opponents, live stream channel & TV schedule. Let's see how The Blues ...
| FACTS About Chelsea F.C: Titles, Managers, Top Players and Trophies |
Chelsea F.C is a professional football club from the Western part of London at the European level. Curious about them? Here is all the interesting ...