16:24 | 24/07/2022 Print
Dubai, one of the most recognizable cities which located in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula on the coast of the Persian Gulf, has developed into a vibrant city that is a business and cultural focal point in the Middle East and a popular tourist destination. Dubai ranks as one of the top vacation destinations for travelers searching for a luxurious experience.
KnowInsider has provided 7 facts about this beautiful city. Let's explore with us!
Dubai’s Population is Estimated to be around 3.31 Million. This marks Dubai as having the most populated city in the entire UAE. Not even Abu Dhabi, whose landmass is much larger, is close to matching Dubai’s population. Especially, more than half of the population of Dubai is aged between 25-34, so it’s a youthful city that is geared very much towards those in this age bracket. Only 15% of Dubai’s population is over 45!
Dubai is a city and not a country. But, and this is where the confusion comes from, Dubai is also the name of the Emirate that the city of Dubai is the capital of.
The emirate of Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The emirate of Dubai is made up of several other municipalities and villages besides Dubai but Dubai is by far the largest and most important municipality in the emirate.
The Burj Khalifa, which can be seen from 95 km away and is 163 stories high, is the tallest building in the world.You have probably seen this monumental skyscraper in films ranging from Mission Impossible to the Fast and Furious Franchise. This building stands at 828m tall. For reference, the next tallest building is the Shanghai Tower which is around 632m. It also has one of the fastest elevators in the world which you can take up to the observation deck to enjoy an incredible view of Dubai.
One would think that a country’s population would be promptly composed of its citizens; Dubai does not fit that assumption at all. It is estimated that around 15 percent of Dubai’s population are Emiratis, while the other 85 percent are expatriates. Dubai has immigrants that travel from all different parts of the world. That being said, the majority stem from East Asian countries such as India (51%) and Pakistan (17%). Many people have moved to the emirate in pursuit of different job opportunities. And based on the GDP, productivity in Dubai seems to be going well.
Being a trading center for centuries has meant that food from all over the world has influenced Dubai cuisine. Along with traditional Arabic food, you’ll find spices from India, ingredients from Persia, and eastern Mediterranean influences. Join a food tour to taste different cuisines and learn foodie facts about Dubai. For an authentic start to the day, join a traditional Emirati breakfast experience. If you feel like an adventurous and romantic evening, a dinner at a Bedouin camp is the real deal.
The world records of Dubai never seem to end, and they continue to strive for more luxury and mindblowing projects. Just take the Burj al Arab as an example, this is the world’s only 7-star hotel, and it’s considered to be the most luxurious hotel in the world! Their cheapest room goes for about 1000 euro per night.
Here are 7 interesting facts about Dubai. If you see this article useful, please follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/knowinsidertoday
|Top 9 facts about South Korea |
Many people are curious about South Korea these days because of their interest into K-pop, K-dramas or in speaking Korean so they can take a ...
|Top 12 Interesting Facts about France You may not Know |
Is it true that France invented the hot air balloon? And is it really illegal to kiss on train platforms? Find out with these 12 ...
|17 Funny Facts You Don't know about Ireland |
Ireland is a beautiful green country located in northwest Europe. It is an island that is separated from Great Britain by the Irish Sea. Do ...
Article URL: https://knowinsiders.com/top-7-amazing-facts-about-dubai-25872.html
All rights reserved by KnowInsider